mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Looking for a pistol

So... I played all day last Saturday with a pistol and loved every minute! I love the reduced weight and added maneuverability I can have with a pistol, not to mention the added challenge of limited capacity. Needless to say, I've been bitten by the pistol bug and am looking to upgrade from the Delta 68 I currently have to something mag-fed.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. I like how the TPX mags are less expensive, but I'd almost prefer the gas-thru mags that you get with the T8, because I'd have to change 12-grams less often. Optimally, I'd be carrying 3-4 extra mags, and a few 10-round tubes to reload the mags if I used them all up.
I like how the TPX can change 12-grams relatively quickly, but I also don't enjoy having to change them mid-game. I'm really rather undecided and was wondering if anyone with pistol experience could give me some insight.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Alright, i have both and I'll give a little rundown of each marker. The TiPX mags are light and relatively cheap, its a better gateway pistol because you could get more shots on your person before getting out of staging. It has a 7 round capacity, one less than the Tib, but that isn't that big a deal. The TiPX is significantly lighter, and to get more out of a 12 gram, upgrade your barrel. The TiPX IS lighter than the tib, this is due to its synthetic material/plastic counstruction, and plastic magazines. But, don't be fooled, the gun itself WILL hold up, but be careful with the magazines, a mis step could break them. It has a comfy grip, smaller than the Tiberius's because it does not have a twelvie in the grip.
The tiberius is beefier, some complain, but I like it. I like the trigger pull on it, its a nice stroke. The TiPX trigger pull feels lifeless to me. The Tiberius is also heavier, its mags are steel, have a tank in them, and the upper receiver is aluminum or some sort of metal. It is accurate out the box, and will really push the last bit of air out of cartridge. The mags FLY out of this puppy, with the help of some gas.
Both accept remote lines, but you need adapters. Any other questions, go ahead and PM me or ask in this thread. Welcome to Pistoling, mate.
AM0 xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
I have used my T8.1 on 12ies and the mag is good for 8 and a reload but the last few balls may be pushing it stock, I do not remember. The Tib seemed to point more natural for me but I have had the same feel with the glock real steel. I carry two extendo mags (17 rounds) and all balls have sufficient get up and go from a 12ie. With the Tib and the 12ie in the mag you should not need to change on the field with 4 or so mags you will be able to shoot 60+ rounds in a game with no changes. There is no doubt that the tib mags are more expensive and weigh alot more. I think the airless versions we kept hearing about are a unicorn. Either choice is a blast to play with.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hmm... since I'm also wanting to have the lightest possible setup, I'm sortof leaning toward the TPX. If I can change the 12'ie in a Delta on the field without killing anyone, the TPX 12ie change shouldn't be any more difficult.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
If you want I can weigh a T8.1 and 4 mags. I am sure someone else can do the same with a TIPX and four mags.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel10 View Post
If you want I can weigh a T8.1 and 4 mags. I am sure someone else can do the same with a TIPX and four mags.
if it isn't too much trouble, that'd be great.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I have a TiPX, and four mags in total. I'll see if i can find a sensitive enough scale.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel10 View Post
I'd look into the smith decoder ring, as soon as the first ball drops in front of you, your going to want to get rid of that cartridge fast
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I've had both.

I prefer the TPX over the T8.1 for the weight and the ergonomics. Both shoot great but carrying around 4+ T8.1 mags around on anything less than a vest or some type of rig is uncomfortable I think.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
I've had both.

I prefer the TPX over the T8.1 for the weight and the ergonomics. Both shoot great but carrying around 4+ T8.1 mags around on anything less than a vest or some type of rig is uncomfortable I think.
This is somewhat concerning, since I'm not much of a vest-wearer. I'd probably want most of it on my belt or in a leg rig.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts