mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Spiral ported Dye barrel (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/223833-spiral-ported-dye-barrel.html)

ryanhall41 01-17-2013 11:51 PM

Spiral ported Dye barrel
 
I pride myself in knowing a lot about Dye barrels but this one has me stumped.

Details:

12"
raw aluminum (I thought it was stainless)
strait .689 bore
spiral ported
has the middle dye logo (not the newest one but it is engraved and not lasered)
cocker threaded
no muzzle break

Someone suggested a Carter prototype but is there anyone that can confirm this or should I try calling someone?

thanks



http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a...psfe3c5d24.jpg

Nobody 01-18-2013 02:06 AM

if its a one piece, then i would assume that it was a prototype. probably never went into production cause SP had a patent or a suit threating that the spiral porting was a trademark. talk to Dye or Earon about it. cool though. first glance i looks like a All A's front on a UL back.

ryanhall41 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2596586)
if its a one piece, then i would assume that it was a prototype. probably never went into production cause SP had a patent or a suit threating that the spiral porting was a trademark. talk to Dye or Earon about it. cool though. first glance i looks like a All A's front on a UL back.

It's a one piece

How can I get a hold of Earon?

thanks

JaKaL 01-18-2013 04:36 PM

I've for sure never seen one like that. A carter/dye relic seems the most likely explanation. Weren't almost all the early single piece ones stainless steel?

BigOldSkool 01-18-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaKaL (Post 2597135)
I've for sure never seen one like that. A carter/dye relic seems the most likely explanation. Weren't almost all the early single piece ones stainless steel?

Hell no! Aluminium's were just as popular.

maggot 01-18-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 2597156)
Hell no! Aluminium's were just as popular.

Yep. Aluminums were more popular b/c they were cheaper. The pricing around '99 went something like this (going off of memory here):
Dye Aluminum: $85
Dye Stainless: $105
Dye Boomstick: $125

JaKaL 01-18-2013 06:43 PM

I'm talking before 99 here. The first ones I ever saw were stainless with no actual branding. I could be crazy though. Maybe the stainless was just the more popular model 'round here.

sniper97 01-18-2013 07:41 PM

...what is someone had PPS spiral port a Dye barrel? It look like Palmers porting!

808raoul 01-18-2013 08:02 PM

Just wondering, is the barrel beveled on the threaded side, like some other carter barrels.

ryanhall41 01-18-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808raoul (Post 2597332)
Just wondering, is the barrel beveled on the threaded side, like some other carter barrels.

the inside of the threaded end (where the ball would go in from) is slightly beveled if that's what you mean

who should I try and talk to at DYE and does Earon Carter have a username that I can pm or can I call the number on his website?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC