mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Don't get the Azodin, nothing but rebuilding it over and over again because the dynamic seal doesn't like you at all.

Get a Palmers or AKA honestly it's just more of a real UPGRADE in performance for your marker. You won't notice much difference with the Azodin other then blowing orings.

I LOVVVVE my Kaos Pump. Except the regulator (rock steady) im tryna put a Palmers Stabilizer on it soon.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

The WGP "Ergo" is a copy of the PPS Stabilizer, albiet it works in reverse. (Turn the screw in to reduce pressure, back it out to increase)
I ran one on a Spyder with a 20 ounce anti-siphon tank for years with excellent results. I think I paid $20.00 for it used. I still have it and run it on a Sterling, original seals and seats.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Foreign Eedjit

CCM Fan
If you want to buy new, I'd also suggest the Azodin reg. Ran one on my Kaos for a while then moved it to my Phantom. It is a good reg, great for the price if you are buying new. It just does not like CO2. Only issue I had with mine was when I loaned the Kaos to a friend and they dumped it full of liquid CO2. Saw couple of them in the BST this week for $20 a piece

If you want to go cheaper the WGP regs are a good call. Just get the "ergo" or Black Magic if you can. They can be adjusted without having to depressurize first.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
If your running hpa and the gun likes ~800 psi why don't you just run it off the tank reg. No sense in double regulating to the same pressure you'll just starve the secondary reg if you shoot fast.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
The WGP "Ergo" is a copy of the PPS Stabilizer, albiet it works in reverse. (Turn the screw in to reduce pressure, back it out to increase)
I ran one on a Spyder with a 20 ounce anti-siphon tank for years with excellent results. I think I paid $20.00 for it used. I still have it and run it on a Sterling, original seals and seats.
The Ergo is not similar to the Stabilizer at all. The Stabilzer uses a 'floating poppet' design similar to the AA inline regs. The Ergo uses a 'moving base' design similar to the AKA Sidewinder, CP, and Hyper 2. An easy way to tell them apart is by the way the pressure is adjusted: floating poppet-turns in to increase while moving bases turn out to increase. Both have their own advances/disadvanges and both are still use in modern guns.

I'd suggest a stock WGP reg or any of the externally adjustable ones if you want to spend a little more. They are quality regs with good flow/consistency on both CO2 and HPA. There is a reason AKA made the adjuster cap for the WGP regs and suggested their use with their Tornado valve/Lightening bolt/Mighty Max before coming out with the Sidewinder.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penarol10 View Post
If your running hpa and the gun likes ~800 psi why don't you just run it off the tank reg. No sense in double regulating to the same pressure you'll just starve the secondary reg if you shoot fast.
The last Kaos I had wasn't very consistent with HPA and the stock gas-thru. +/- 20 FPS wasn't uncommon. Granted, that was with the huge stock barrel, so I'll see what it does with a matched Freak before I reg it. But if a good bore match doesn't help, a reg will be a necessity.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'd say for HPA I'd grab a spring kit and set it up for a lower pressure than the 700-800psi most STBB's require than run just about any reg out there. I run my trilogy on stock springs on HPA and run a CP reg and it's fine. I've got it dialed in and sweetspotted and it shoots 280 all day with a .678 eigenbarrel. My CP has no gauge but I'd wager it's running sub 400psi

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts