mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

DAM magazines and Tacamo Phenom

So waiting for Dmags to come out...and I was looking jealously (yes, very jealously) at the Dye DAM magazines - they look quite similar, both in concept and appearance.

My question is, does anyone know 100% that these can fit into a Phenom running a Tacamo magazine kit? I know dmags are designed to fit in there, and if the Dmag and DAM mag are similar, it may be possible.

Thanks!

Click for HD Headcam + Guncam paintball videos!
Megatron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

are you talking about the stock/standard tacamo magwell?
it is not dmag compatable. its round. the dmags are going to require a new magwell all together.

ive seen scarab arms mags put into a tacamo magwell, it requires a little dremel love, but thats my plan-b. the dmags and the DAM mags are similar (cheap semi-disposable). but the scarab arms mags are a little more robust, and do a way with the round collar detent that everyone seems to despise.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Also, the feed stacks are reversed. I have some DAM mags and a few Tacamo kits. The stacks feed in the rear, more like an ATS mag, rather than in the front like RAP4/Milsig mags. You'd have to make your own magwell, and it would extend into the shroud/handguard because the D shape (for first strikes) faces inward on the DAM mags. The D-Mags feed from the front, with the D shape facing outward.
CHE$HIR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you very much for the input, I see where my mistake has been - I posted this before my Tacamo kit arrived, I realise I'll have to buy a new magwell (which considering it's made of ABS, should be cheap).

I also didn't know DAM mags were flimsy...I thought they looked much better than Dmags! I may consider modding the magwell to fit scarab arm mags in that case...

Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
ive been wondering about this since i first got a look at the DAM mags, which in my mind, seem to be the best design currently available. i only use regular paint, and i'd love to know if there is some way to get the mag to work in a tacamo/milsig magwell, releasing the front stack of the magazine. at some point i may have to break down and buy a DAM mag to check it out....

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Dam mags are not cheaply made they are very robust, and seem like they would take a beating. The release is on the sides of the mag and not the top, like milsig and rap4 mags.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

So most likely not compatible then! Either way, I realised if I want to run box mag as well as FS ready mags, Dmags/DAM mags will not be compatible with them.

Scarab Arms it is!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts