mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wow I feel like Mr fancypants now.

I took 3 army surplus laundry bags($6 total):

And replaced the strings with 2 wire coathangers each, twisted together at their ends to be long enough to make hoops that fully open the bag with a tail long enough to make a hook sticking out of one of the old string holes.

I hang them like this:

and let the bags drape down.
I shoot into the hoops, the balls hit the light, free hanging back of the bags and ride down to the bottom.
I spray painted rings and a bullseye inside the bags so they show in the hoops.
Paint rarely breaks in them, when I'm done I just turn them inside out into the garbage can. If they're too gooey I pull the wire, wash them and put the wire back.
They catch reball fine and even the harder rufusdawg targetballs.

I have alot of trees and such to hang them from in my yard.

I would take a picture but they are currently snowed into the shed with the Jarts....

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
I cant imagine how hard it must be to pass something that size..

Ouch..
And you'd make a lot of noise.

If you haven't yet, check your position in the mirror as you lean out from behind a door or such. Make sure you tuck in anything you don't need hanging out. You don't want to train your elbow or nose to be a target. That's a hazard of practicing while no one is shooting at you.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
I use old baking pans...Round ones, square ones does not matter and they make a sound when shat..
what he said !!Can't go wrong with old pan and pots or cookie sheets.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Since I can't play at the moment due to injuries. My sister drew some targets on my shed doors. About 50-60feet from my deck that I shoot at.

Whole family likes to come out and plink at it with a JT splatmaster I got. Best part is one rain or snowfall and its clean but the drawing stays.

Clean

After plinking with the Splatmaster
Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

For the last 25 years or so, I've used old sheets with targets spraypainted on them.

The original reason was because the paint didnt break.... and I'd reuse them because I was poor back then.

Not an issue these days. In fact, I always seem to have a case or 2 of some fields "field paint" that I have no use for. But the wife has a fit if she can see -any- paint splatter marks on trees. "Makes the property look trashy". SO... the sheet method keeps her happy.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Use humans, only way to truly improve your skills is playing against other, more experienced players and taking the occasional butt kicking. I find having shots fired back at me, helps me more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

my fav target for practice,5 lb dumbbell weight,fiberglass rod,an old Styrofoam wig head, and a crappy jt mask.Place it behind a tree with a string looping around back to me,hard yank and presto instant bobbing snap shooting target
saintnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Newbie Xballer

Send a message via AIM to Nashoba Send a message via MSN to Nashoba Send a message via Yahoo to Nashoba Send a message via Skype™ to Nashoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Wow I feel like Mr fancypants now.

I took 3 army surplus laundry bags($6 total):

http://biffssurplus.com/retail/image...aundry_Bag.jpg

And replaced the strings with 2 wire coathangers each, twisted together at their ends to be long enough to make hoops that fully open the bag with a tail long enough to make a hook sticking out of one of the old string holes.

I hang them like this:

http://www.jewelryrevelations.com/wp...op-earring.png

and let the bags drape down.
I shoot into the hoops, the balls hit the light, free hanging back of the bags and ride down to the bottom.
I spray painted rings and a bullseye inside the bags so they show in the hoops.
Paint rarely breaks in them, when I'm done I just turn them inside out into the garbage can. If they're too gooey I pull the wire, wash them and put the wire back.
They catch reball fine and even the harder rufusdawg targetballs.

I have alot of trees and such to hang them from in my yard.

I would take a picture but they are currently snowed into the shed with the Jarts....

Rob
Great idea, I actually have quite a few laundry bags like these from back in the day.

"We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done." - Alan Turning
Nashoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Newbie Xballer

Send a message via AIM to Nashoba Send a message via MSN to Nashoba Send a message via Yahoo to Nashoba Send a message via Skype™ to Nashoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Use humans, only way to truly improve your skills is playing against other, more experienced players and taking the occasional butt kicking. I find having shots fired back at me, helps me more than anything.
I wish I could man. But I am the only paintballer within 65 miles of my location that plays anymore. TC paintball's northern field is closed till march, and grand rapids indoor field is a good 90 miles from my house. I try to go every weekend but that is about as much as I can budget right now until I get a raise again. I need to train more than just once a week. As for getting my significant other to play... he is more interested in filming paintball than playing it. Andy wont even let me buy him a gun to practice with me. He prefers filming and photographing people playing, but ah well.

I think so far I am just going to end up buying some drainage piping and pallets and making a half size hyperball/speedball field and then make some moving targets to put behind them. Its amazing how cheap you can find this stuff when you live in the middle of no where in north western Michgan. ;3

"We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done." - Alan Turning
Nashoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Run with siccors!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darth

I made a frame for my local field. I hung a few old masks from it, a chest protector and then a sting to the ground to keep them from spinning.

2011 D-Day Allied CEF CanScot
2012 D-Day Allied CEF Baker Coy.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts