mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Axe + Allstar woes

Last weekend I played with my Empire Axe LE PDD and bought a half case of yellow Allstar at the field. It was amazingly accurate and I had ZERO problems of any kind. Today I played at a different field that is not FPO, so I bought a case of orange Allstar from another store to bring.

The first half of my hopper for the first game was yellow leftovers on bottom, orange on top. As soon as the first orange ball loaded I got nothing but breaks. I squeegeed, changed Freak inserts and barrel tips between games, but couldn't make it thru 3 rounds without a break. All breaks were in the barrel....none broke in the chamber of the gun.

So.....my question is: did I just get a bad batch (with the orange) or is there something with my gun I should tend to? Someone at the field suggested a Tbolt, but I don't know if its worth the upgrade or if I should just avoid that paint.

Any help is appreciated. I've recently returned to the game and the tech is way diff than my younger days but as far as I know my gun should be capable of shooting tournament grade paint right?
accatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
I'd venture to say it's probably the paint and not the marker. Paint could have been stored improperly/ old/bad batch etc., etc..

Just my 2 cents worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

it was certainly delicate paint.....I dropped a few balls in my dining room while loading pods last nite and anything that rolled off the table onto the tile broke instantly.
It just sucked because the first 4-5 games of the day I was struggling through breaks, and then when I decided to buy some different paint all that was left was Hotbox so I got no breaks but my accuracy disappeared entirely.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
I will second bad paint. It happens. I have a marker that had never broken a ball. 1 batch of bad paint, record gone. Didn't matter what marker I used that day, two guys with 3 tourney guns each left that day for the same problems. Don't worry about the axe, no gun can solve a bad batch.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good to hear......I'll probably avoid Allstar the next few times I play anyways. I didn't even realize it was "tournament" paint, it was just the "mid-grade" offering at the field I played at the 1st time I bought it.

Oh well, I just had to adapt my playing style today to getting within the range of Hotbox so I moved aggressively and still got a ton of people out!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

What loader were you using?

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Virtue Spire. I've had zero problems with it, and it's def feeding fast enough.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
camocow200

Orange allstars suck..I had the same problems ,same paint, worse than junk paint...

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1021) + 100% positive
MCB 275 +

tedaut,Would this count as a socal stock gun ? Oh wait never mind , it would need a stick feed and auto trigger.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I would have to say paint as well, but there is a plus. Pick-up a Boss Infamous/XSV bolt, it has a softer sprng in it that lets you shoot fragile paint with less breaks. Includes a spring kit as well.

AXE PARTS - scroll down a couple of items, you'll see them.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
I would have to say paint as well, but there is a plus. Pick-up a Boss Infamous/XSV bolt, it has a softer sprng in it that lets you shoot fragile paint with less breaks. Includes a spring kit as well.

AXE PARTS - scroll down a couple of items, you'll see them.
Ah, but wont work with Orange Allstars..I used to love Allstars and the last 4 times ive bought them over the last year and a half it was just like flushing 50.00 down the toilet...Even with a Boss bolt.. I ended up switching to a Lurker bolt with better results on other paint..

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1021) + 100% positive
MCB 275 +

tedaut,Would this count as a socal stock gun ? Oh wait never mind , it would need a stick feed and auto trigger.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts