mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

fREAK VS. Powerlyte Ceptor

I recently seen the new design of the Powerlyte Ceptor an really like the design an look of the unit. Was wondering from people who have used any version of the ceptor system an a freak how they compared. I am still using my freak I bought way back when an have always been happy with how it works. But the other system has a sleeker look more what I would like to have for the custom remodel I am doing on my emag. Was wondering if the performance an quality of the system was as comparable as the design of it is compared to the freak system. Also open to any idea s of other barrels or system to look at with the size adjustable like the freak an a sleek look. Thanks much for all the good help all the faithful followers here always help me with.
shawnhaskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have both kits though to honest I have used my freak more. I prefer the machining of PL, it is leaner and handsome in my opinion; also I feel the chamfered tip locking into the matching end of the insert is a more positive locking system. Alas, I primarily use closed bolts and the smallest bore in my PL kit is a .680 while our field paint has been running at .677. so my freak inserts get the nod.

I should state that my PL is the newer generation with the shorter inserts, 4in I think, the older gen had 6in and for my situation the freak gets the upper hand for velocity. Between the two I see the greatest variations on what tier of paint I choose to use that day.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts