mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

View Poll Results: what do you play?
Stock Class 23 31.51%
Open Pump Class 14 19.18%
Both! 36 49.32%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Stock class 99% of the time.

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I guess it's my being an "Egomaniac". I love going up against electros and open class pumps with my 12ies and sticks. I might not get them all but, I will get a couple. Nothing funnier in my opinion than stock class in a big scenario game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoder916 View Post
It's easy for people to think they are an all knowing pump player when your behind a keyboard. And nobody wants to be politically incorrect when giving advice on the forums, for everyone to criticize and judge, So I think the individuals speak with a little more pride than usual, because they want their peers to respect there opinion(s). I love playing pump, And if your pumping before you shoot, I don't give a **** whats in your hand, your family.
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I've played both at one time or another, but I much prefer (and currently only play) stock. Open class just isn't different enough from semi for me. Especially open class with an autotrigger. If I'm going to play something different, I want to be different.

Besides...not having a hopper is a huge advantage more often than it's a detriment.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Stock/Modified Stockclass...

Stickfeeds on all my open Class and semi guns.
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
I just bought a Phantom, and intend on giving stock class a try. Lately I'v been playing Mod stock class with a 10 rd feed stick and a 13 ci bottle, so this seems to be a natural progression... we'll see!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Cousins View Post
You're missing an option. Modified SC.......As a person who almost strictly plays stock class (12's and sticks) there are times when its simply not possible (To cold for 12's) If thats the case i whip out the 13ci and im ready for action in any weather. The sticks will never go away tho lol
Exactly! I play stockclass most of the time. I honestly don't know if any of my pumps have a hopper on them right now. I converted my black magic to a ten round feed and everything else has capabilities of being strict open class but I prefer the ten round feed and as stated above I only use it for when it's cold or when I just don't feel like dealing with 12gs. Also everything else pump wise is setup for 12gs.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I've played mostly open class w/o autotrigger for years now. However I've picked up a Buzzard recently and I'm going to give stock class a serious go.

Honestly the reason I'm doing it is to force myself to move more. I'm getting older and a bit out of shape and I feel playing stock is going to be more physically challenging. It has nothing to do with firepower, at least not for me.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Both. I have a stick feed for my oc guns and my sc gun can run either 12gs or hpa right off the vasa. Personally I love stock or mod stock but open class is great when the games get bigger and I may be shooting a lot of paint relatively speaking. 12g isn't cheap up here in Canada so I only use them when I know that I'll get 30+ out of one otherwise might as well play mod or open class with a tank

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Mostly stock class, I get enough eliminations to stay happy and every one is that much sweet. There is also the fact that I am addiction to Carter Machine guns, and have to feed the collection

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

play with whatever I feel like at the moment =)

collection spans the gamut from stock class pistol through my sole remaining electro (karni)

/salute

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts