mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Warranty questions, Kingman, Tippmann, GoG, Bob Long (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/227583-warranty-questions-kingman-tippmann-gog-bob-long.html)

hth 02-28-2013 10:49 PM

Warranty questions, Kingman, Tippmann, GoG, Bob Long

So I usually shoot empire makers (mini, axe, sniper), customer service is just amazing. Heck, I'm even a facebook friend with the Canadian tech.

So I JUST got a TiPX and 2012 G6R used, planning on getting a used Hammer 7 and eNMEy.

So question is: how good are these manufacturers with their warranty?

Personally I don't even need to give KEE my S/N before sending it in, I just send it in after talking with the tech and I get a working marker. End of story, and all may empire markers are used (not even the original purchaser)

Murf425 03-01-2013 05:21 AM

GoG fixed a gun that I broke, no questions asked, for free, with less than a week's turnaround, by replacing the entire frame. I'm impressed.

hth 03-01-2013 06:53 PM

Did you buy the marker new?

Murf425 03-01-2013 08:20 PM

That's the crazier part; it was a pre-production model that they gave me for free at Cup. So they'd never even made any money off me.

hth 03-02-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf425 (Post 2640850)
That's the crazier part; it was a pre-production model that they gave me for free at Cup. So they'd never even made any money off me.

Wow good stuff, so I can afford to get it used and still have it warrantied if something goes :clapping:

Now how about BL, Kingman (cmon Lou come here or I will go to you!), and tippmann?

dutchy 03-02-2013 10:16 AM

Tippmann tech service is really good aswell.

They got your back.

sdawg 03-02-2013 10:47 AM

I have an personal experience to share about Bob Long warranty service.

I had a Marq Closer, and the bolt snapped in the middle of a tournament.

I called BLAST, and they explained that the bolt was brittle due to their heat-treating the steel for some reason.

It was then explained to me that I would have to order a new bolt at my own expense to replace the one that broke due to their erroneous design/manufacturing decision.

At the end of the season I sold my Closer and now use a Geo 2.

hth 03-02-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdawg (Post 2641418)
I have an personal experience to share about Bob Long warranty service.

I had a Marq Closer, and the bolt snapped in the middle of a tournament.

I called BLAST, and they explained that the bolt was brittle due to their heat-treating the steel for some reason.

It was then explained to me that I would have to order a new bolt at my own expense to replace the one that broke due to their erroneous design/manufacturing decision.

At the end of the season I sold my Closer and now use a Geo 2.

Good thing I've gotten interest for the g6r I'm going to sell. :clapping:

And Good thing about Tippmann, since I've recently picked one up used

dempsey626 03-02-2013 12:12 PM

My experiences with various companies as small retail shop for 13 years:

Blast: G6R with manufacturing defect in manifold. Replace and shipped back no charge.

Spyder: Never have received warranty repair parts after being told over multiple years that they would be made available. All parts bought and paid for.

DYE: No question asked. Parts have been provided upon request.

KEE: No questions asked. Parts provided upon request.

Tippmann: No questions asked. Parts provided upon request.

Dangerous Powers: Also the $25 regulator story. These were for unsold guns brand new still in box. Sold one gun that would crono at 285fps and after 200 rounds velocity was up to 370's. They still wanted the $25 per reg.

GOG / Smart Parts: Warranty parts never provided. When defective parts sent back, parts were not repaired correctly. Have to pay shipping fees for defective warranty items to and from GOG on all items. Most times, parts have not been repaired correctly or replaced with non-defective part. Some parts I have paid shipping fees 5 times back and forth.

Ninja: No questions asked. Parts provided upon request.

Some people have better luck with companies than others. These are just my trials and tribulations.

Dan