Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

So... it really comes down to whichever you think looks/feels better? I am leaning Z2 because I don't need a huge amount of paint and it looks to be the smallest.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Have you thought about the spire? I have a rotor and love it and I'm not throwing paint like crazy, so jamming isn't an issue for me. If you want the durability of the rotor and the weight of the Z2, go with the spire. It also has a higher ball capacity.
AG1ngerwithagun on Xbox live, add me as a friend if you want to play together!
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

I vote Z2, but I hate DYE and everything related.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

or save yourself some money and pick up a cheaper Halo Too or any of the other variants.
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Watching the grass blow in the wind sometimes causes it to shift from red to green to red and keep repeating itself. Makes my acid using friends jealous

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
ton up boy

I have jammed my rotor twice over the years, both times it was sub .670 paint.
YouŽll only get in trouble If you shoot reballs, or ridiculously small paint.

HavenŽt tried z2 or spire cause, well IŽve never had any problems.
You're on an internet forum.
Every first post is a cry for attention.
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

I would go with the Z2 just because of Kees warranty. If your Rotor breaks a year from now do you think Dye will fix it for free? No. They might not even keep parts around to fix them after the Roter V2 or whatever's next comes out. Kee would fix a year-old anything for free in my experience.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

what about the older Prophesy not the Z2? I am looking for a new (used) loader as well and it's prices are starting to come closer to my range. The halos are ok but I have 3 in need of new shells and well.....
Besides, I would like something of Simon's
Big Jim

Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I can't speak for the z2 or spire but I really like the rotor. I used to be a halo guy but replacing the batteries every other week was a pain and expensive at 6 AA each time. with my rotors (yes plural I have 4) I change the batteries twice a year at 3 AAA each. I know it will be a while till i recoup the cost in battery savings but not having to worry about did I change the batteries last week or is it going to go dead in the middle of the next game really makes life that much better and that was worth the cost to me.
My Feedback -

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
King of Low-End

you want cheap and consistant? It doesnt get more consistant than this lol. Skip to 2:17.

VL Force [Quick Startup Guide] Learn how to use it - YouTube

all jokes aside, it is consistant "from start to finish" just like nate says...
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Any good force feed should be consistent for you.

Prophecy around 60-70 bucks is awesome. Shells are good but not super tough. Awesome capacity. 2nd lightest
Rotor around 100 bucks is great. Shells are super tough, will jam when balls get mooshy. Too small without extended top for me. heaviest
Z2 around 100 bucks. Shells are much tougher than prophecy original. Decent capacity, though I wish they did a better job designing the shells (more bulge in front) mine will sometimes wedge 2-4 paintballs in the front, which is just dumb.

Rotor UI is the best. It has an On button that is very positive. If you don't use speed feeds, the rotor lid is worse than a VL200 or virtually any other hopper lid. If you use a speed feed it doesn't matter. The prophecy and Z2 lid are amazing. Most people can fit their hand completely inside the loader it is so huge.

Those are really the best choices. Rotors are easier to take apart. Prophecies are harder. Z2 is as easy. All are easy compared to pain in the butt loaders like old Halos. All are 10x more durable than old halos too.

Biggest thing for me is that I have had jams with my rotors and not with my prophecies and Z2's. Jams that won't auto unjam I mean, or be easily unjammed without disassembling hopper. The little fin on the bottom of a rotor is good for nothing in my experience.

Rotors are probably the most popular because of their durability compared to prophecies, and their nice user interface. People love them.

Try them all if you can.

Personally I'd use a VL200 over a Halo.

When buying a prophecy, make sure the locking tabs and feedneck areas don't have cracks. That is the most important thing. All the prices I mentioned are for used loaders. Z2's are probably the priciest of the three but not by much, rotors have great resale value.
"I'll see it when I believe it"

Last edited by Cunha; 03-07-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts