mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
FIREPROOF

Thanks guys! I just traded my mini so I I may buy one back. I may do an automag.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Any marker can be used for any type of paintball. Out of curiosity OP, where is Ohio are you and what field are you looking at playing scenarios at? Just curious since the main one we had been going to for scenarios closed down last year and have been looking for some others.

Sorry, I know its off topic.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
But hes asking scenario markers..
I'm at a scenario in the pic below and didn't burst into flame for daring to shoot something other than a rail-laden Tippmann:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/.../IMG_01182.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Oh sorry, I didn't know you couldn't use a Mini in a scenario.

I got the impression that he was asking which marker has qualities that would make it a good gun to use in a scenario/big game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
Any marker can be used for any type of paintball. Out of curiosity OP, where is Ohio are you and what field are you looking at playing scenarios at? Just curious since the main one we had been going to for scenarios closed down last year and have been looking for some others.

Sorry, I know its off topic.
That do be what I'm getting at. Shoot what's fun.

Regarding your mention of a closed field, I assume you're referring to BFP? .68 Caliber productions (formerly of BFP) will be putting on some games at TRP this year, starting with Operation Red Risk on May 4, 2013. Should be funtimes.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
not your average redneck

I prefer an open class pump with autotrigger. You can conserve paint when needed and use the AT to spray when you need to. The ability to conserve paint keeps me on the field longer and allows for more play time (I do not like to sit in the parking lot during a game). That or a mechanical autococker because you can accomplish the same but it lays paint at a higher rate of fire.

I've played my share of scenarios and personally I would say to pick a gun that you are comfortable shooting and is reliable for you. IMO the other gear you have is more important since you will be on the field much longer: comfortable boots/shoes, reliable hopper, comfortable mask, water, etc. I personally run nike cleats, halo hopper (not hte most reliable), proflexs, redz 3+4, and a camelback. Its 90% user preference
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
I'm at a scenario in the pic below and didn't burst into flame for daring to shoot something other than a rail-laden Tippmann:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/.../IMG_01182.JPG

Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

All I meant was I think hes asking about "good scenario markers" not good markers that can be used at a scenario.. there is a difference there..

its a matter of how he worded it..
whoopity dooo..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

All I meant was I think hes asking about "good scenario markers" not good markers that can be used at a scenario.. there is a difference there..

its a matter of how he worded it..
whoopity dooo..
And what makes my Merlin not a "good scenario marker?"

It's a pleasure to shoot, gets a case a fill and chronos at +/-1 with good paint.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpoopanda View Post
Thanks guys! I just traded my mini so I I may buy one back. I may do an automag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannrocker90 View Post
I've played my share of scenarios and personally I would say to pick a gun that you are comfortable shooting and is reliable for you. IMO the other gear you have is more important since you will be on the field much longer: comfortable boots/shoes, reliable hopper, comfortable mask, water, etc. I personally run nike cleats, halo hopper (not hte most reliable), proflexs, redz 3+4, and a camelback. Its 90% user preference
I think that's the best advice you can follow. The Mini has always been great for me when it had all V3 parts, but if it didn't work for you then it might not be your cup of tea (although I do think they are awesome for the price and warranty).

If you go with an Automag, don't bite on the first one you find. There are a lot of them out there and I'm guessing you have some time before there will be a lot of play-able weather. So take your time and find a good deal on a Classic. I'd suggest one with a double trigger though, even one with a cut frame and double trigger. A Level 10 bolt is also a nice addition to a mag but it can also almost double the price of a class mag too.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
Regarding your mention of a closed field, I assume you're referring to BFP? .68 Caliber productions (formerly of BFP) will be putting on some games at TRP this year, starting with Operation Red Risk on May 4, 2013. Should be funtimes.
Yeah, broke my heart to hear about this a few months back. Had a pretty crappy year last year and only got out to one game there early in the year and didnt make it back. I'll have to look into TRP. Most fields for me pale in comparison to BFP.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

My suggestion. A5. It's reliable. Can be had for cheap. Has tons of upgrades and barrels available. Extremely modular. Start with an hopper since that's what's your used to. Than go to a tac cap foe more challenge and low profile. Than get an mk kit for mag fed games. The only suggestion I can add to that is. Don't buy the e trigger for it. From what I understand they are finicky. But than again I'm bias enough to say that you really shouldn't get anything electric. They go down in the rain save for a few models. And you'll be playing in the rain at some point.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts