mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

What are you gonna do stare at the back of the feed neck? Just seems silly st least agd was smart enough to put their rails offset at a 45

The etha is fine it's that body kit that's hokey. Why put vertical rails on a very feed?

And on top of that the plastic flexes so it won't maintain a zero anyway
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
What are you gonna do stare at the back of the feed neck? Just seems silly st least agd was smart enough to put their rails offset at a 45

The etha is fine it's that body kit that's hokey. Why put vertical rails on a very feed?

And on top of that the plastic flexes so it won't maintain a zero anyway
AAAHHH ... good ? since the marker is not mine (it is for sale on here and over on X7OG http://www.x7og.net/paintball-buy-se...tml#post737626 btw) and I do not own an etha I did not realize the body kit was that nylon composite stuff. But I assumed you could mount the rails to any of the holes available on the shroud; but that the owner was going for a ME3 look to the marker and built his the way he did. Am I wrong in thinking that?

And personally I would run a QLoader so I would be able to use a small riser and iron sight/reddot over the tube as opposed to using a rotor or similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.

Last edited by EL17E 76; 03-07-2013 at 11:33 AM.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

It IS cool looking of course. Looks good with the afg as well
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
AAAHHH ... good ? since the marker is not mine (it is for sale on here and over on X7OG http://www.x7og.net/paintball-buy-se...tml#post737626 btw) and I do not own an etha I did not realize the body kit was that nylon composite stuff. But I assumed you could mount the rails to any of the holes available on the shroud; but that the owner was going for a ME3 look to the marker and built his the way he did. Am I wrong in thinking that?

And personally I would run a QLoader so I would be able to use a small riser and iron sight/reddot over the tube as opposed to using a rotor or similar.

That gun is ugly. .what is up with the red?
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it. But imo the best sub $200 marker you can get, especially for the woodsball look. Is the Sp1 Smart Parts SP1 Paintball Gun - Black

I have the G1 with blackheart board (slightly more "advanced) version, but this is equal to the $250 version of the G1, minus some (mostly) cosmetic features. At $130 you can not beat it. One of the few sub $200 markers that has a regulator (and a good one at that, same one on the LUXE, a $1500 marker...), especially when it comes to woodsball looking markers.
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would say that's a good choice
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 03-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
the dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Oh sorry, I didn't know you couldn't use a Mini in a scenario.

I got the impression that he was asking which marker has qualities that would make it a good gun to use in a scenario/big game.
I personally like to use old school guns at scenario games. its a good way to meet people. old guns are conversation pieces. I get a nostalgic feeling. pick up an old automag or autococker or angel LED/LCD. youll enjoy it thoroughly.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
This was used at a scenario event at sc village last year. I believe the underlying marker is a BT. It was intended to look like a ripper from Gears of War. He ran a remote line I believe. He used custom foam latex. I prefer to use autocockers and automags with gravity hoppers for scenario events. Keeps it simple.

The last few scenario games at sc village have involved a pretty good mix of all types of markers. I cannot say that one type stood out more than another.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers

Last edited by paintballedbackin88; 03-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

I think part of the draw to scenario games is the diversity of markers. Everything from pump players, electro, pistol, etc etc...

That being said..
Perhaps, figuring out what qualities you want might be a better start. (air efficiency, RoF, durability, etc etc).

Good luck!
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Personally I use what I can find in my gear bags. As of late I have been using an SP1 and a VIBE (G1/ENVY).

They are very reliable. I just use reflashed stock boards. I have virtue boards for them, but have yet to put one in

Easy on paint,upgradeable, won't ruin your day of fun. You can put a black heart board in either. Best part, if you don't want electro, or your board frys, go mech.

That's correct, just throw an Enemy frame and noid on the envy/vibe and your golden. Throw the M1 grip and noid on the SP1/G1 (when the M1 is released) and you are golden

Ultimatly the choice is yours. What ever makes you feel comfortable. HELL I would use a splatmaster if it ment having fun

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts