mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
FIREPROOF
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

CCM T2 or S6.5?

I got to play with a T2 today so now I am hooked and want to get a CCM. Is there a real difference between the two? I love the T2.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
sniper97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpoopanda View Post
I got to play with a T2 today so now I am hooked and want to get a CCM. Is there a real difference between the two? I love the T2.
T2 is probably more efficient and is modular

S6.5 has a cleaner pump stroke

Check out the CCM armory, there are several of these threads. Both are half blocked, you really can't go wrong.
__________________
Originally posted by heinous: "sniper's gun always gets extra camera love"
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
FIREPROOF
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
T2 is probably more efficient and is modular

S6.5 has a cleaner pump stroke

Check out the CCM armory, there are several of these threads. Both are half blocked, you really can't go wrong.
Thanks bro! I think I will be going with a T2 as I love the way it feels. I want to see the pics of that J12 you got for sale.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
X0317
 
dm6rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manahawkin, New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
I'm pretty sure the T2 and S6.5 share identical internals, so the efficiency of both should be roughly the same. I've owned both and first hand experience with them leads me to believe they're pretty much the same performance wise.

The T2 is more modular and can be had with right, left, and center feed bodies as well as a unique insert style body.

The S6.5 is, in my personal opinion, the better looking of the two and my favorite CCM to date. It can also take cram and jam feeds like the T2 can, but you can't get the insert body or right/left feeds. Out of the box it will likely have a more stable pump stroke than the T2, but you can also get a quad rod system for the T2 which should put it on par with the S6.5.

What it's really going to come down to is personal preference. They're both essentially the best you can get as far as open class pumps go, so you can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever you like the best, as neither one is better or worse than the other.
__________________


things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
FIREPROOF
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
I'm pretty sure the T2 and S6.5 share identical internals, so the efficiency of both should be roughly the same. I've owned both and first hand experience with them leads me to believe they're pretty much the same performance wise.

The T2 is more modular and can be had with right, left, and center feed bodies as well as a unique insert style body.

The S6.5 is, in my personal opinion, the better looking of the two and my favorite CCM to date. It can also take cram and jam feeds like the T2 can, but you can't get the insert body or right/left feeds. Out of the box it will likely have a more stable pump stroke than the T2, but you can also get a quad rod system for the T2 which should put it on par with the S6.5.

What it's really going to come down to is personal preference. They're both essentially the best you can get as far as open class pumps go, so you can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever you like the best, as neither one is better or worse than the other.
Hmm. I am liking the looks of the S6.5.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota!

CCM Fan
why not a j12?
__________________
sQuidvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009

CCM Fan
panda,

I have both and I love them both, but the my go to is my T2. Best advise is to try a 6.5, if you can, before you commit to buying one of the other.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by storminnorman View Post
No one likes a dirty slot lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
Feedback: IonOwners.com PBNation old PBNation new AO MCB
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
FIREPROOF
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_i_s_c_u_i_t View Post
panda,

I have both and I love them both, but the my go to is my T2. Best advise is to try a 6.5, if you can, before you commit to buying one of the other.
Thanks! I played with a T2 all day today and it was fantastic.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
gnar
 
pballer0303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: up north...

CCM Fan
The standard t2 pumpstroke is just about as bind-free and smooth as anything else. Honnestly, flip a coin, you wont be disapointed either way.
__________________
DIE LIVING
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
sniper97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

CCM Fan
I thought the hammer in the T2 was heavier and it gave better efficiency/more shots off a tank.

If you get a T2, I personally don't like the pump against the barrel, get the t-grip pump.
__________________
Originally posted by heinous: "sniper's gun always gets extra camera love"
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC