mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
FIREPROOF

CCM T2 or S6.5?

I got to play with a T2 today so now I am hooked and want to get a CCM. Is there a real difference between the two? I love the T2.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpoopanda View Post
I got to play with a T2 today so now I am hooked and want to get a CCM. Is there a real difference between the two? I love the T2.
T2 is probably more efficient and is modular

S6.5 has a cleaner pump stroke

Check out the CCM armory, there are several of these threads. Both are half blocked, you really can't go wrong.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
FIREPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
T2 is probably more efficient and is modular

S6.5 has a cleaner pump stroke

Check out the CCM armory, there are several of these threads. Both are half blocked, you really can't go wrong.
Thanks bro! I think I will be going with a T2 as I love the way it feels. I want to see the pics of that J12 you got for sale.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
I'm pretty sure the T2 and S6.5 share identical internals, so the efficiency of both should be roughly the same. I've owned both and first hand experience with them leads me to believe they're pretty much the same performance wise.

The T2 is more modular and can be had with right, left, and center feed bodies as well as a unique insert style body.

The S6.5 is, in my personal opinion, the better looking of the two and my favorite CCM to date. It can also take cram and jam feeds like the T2 can, but you can't get the insert body or right/left feeds. Out of the box it will likely have a more stable pump stroke than the T2, but you can also get a quad rod system for the T2 which should put it on par with the S6.5.

What it's really going to come down to is personal preference. They're both essentially the best you can get as far as open class pumps go, so you can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever you like the best, as neither one is better or worse than the other.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
FIREPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
I'm pretty sure the T2 and S6.5 share identical internals, so the efficiency of both should be roughly the same. I've owned both and first hand experience with them leads me to believe they're pretty much the same performance wise.

The T2 is more modular and can be had with right, left, and center feed bodies as well as a unique insert style body.

The S6.5 is, in my personal opinion, the better looking of the two and my favorite CCM to date. It can also take cram and jam feeds like the T2 can, but you can't get the insert body or right/left feeds. Out of the box it will likely have a more stable pump stroke than the T2, but you can also get a quad rod system for the T2 which should put it on par with the S6.5.

What it's really going to come down to is personal preference. They're both essentially the best you can get as far as open class pumps go, so you can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever you like the best, as neither one is better or worse than the other.
Hmm. I am liking the looks of the S6.5.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
why not a j12?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
panda,

I have both and I love them both, but the my go to is my T2. Best advise is to try a 6.5, if you can, before you commit to buying one of the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
FIREPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_i_s_c_u_i_t View Post
panda,

I have both and I love them both, but the my go to is my T2. Best advise is to try a 6.5, if you can, before you commit to buying one of the other.
Thanks! I played with a T2 all day today and it was fantastic.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
gnar

CCM Fan
The standard t2 pumpstroke is just about as bind-free and smooth as anything else. Honnestly, flip a coin, you wont be disapointed either way.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I thought the hammer in the T2 was heavier and it gave better efficiency/more shots off a tank.

If you get a T2, I personally don't like the pump against the barrel, get the t-grip pump.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts