mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Autococker question... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/228783-autococker-question.html)

Squall409 03-14-2013 12:13 AM

Autococker question...

So I am looking into getting a real cocker. I currently own a trilogy so I kinda know how they work. But I want to get a real cocker.

What do I need to look for?

sniper97 03-14-2013 12:16 AM

What is your budget? Do you want right feed or centerfeed?

Squall409 03-14-2013 12:30 AM

Centerfeed. Not sure on budge yet

leathalh 03-14-2013 01:23 AM

Wgp cockers are nice and cheap. Ans as well. If your willing to drop a bit more you really can't go wrong with a ccm s5, they shoot smoother and weigh less and can be had around 400. Really anything that isn't a psychbalistics, 32 degrees, system x and a few others that slip my mind at the moment. Get a post 2k they tend to be a little more user friendly but since you want center feed it will most likely be a post 2k by default. If you can live with right feed I seen a few shocktech's for under 200 lately and shocktech makes some just dandy cockers. It's up to you really. First time I'd stick with wgp though. Better cockers than they ever got credit for, just pick slide frame, hinge or eblade. Happy hunting.

sniper97 03-14-2013 01:35 AM

If you are going mech, CCM is probably a good solution. Cockers were (maybe still are) the most customized guns...bodies/anno/milling, bolts, trigger frames, roller sears, cocking rods, regs, full front end components (rams, 3 ways, lpr), beaver tails, feednecks....alot of options, nice front end components (Belsales) can run you $150 by themselves.

A PPS Blazer may be another option, a local player was bragging about how much he likes the Tippman crossover, not a cocker, just tossing that out there!

K_Obeastly 03-14-2013 02:47 AM

I haven't found the 32* cockers to be that bad. They had a few models that were made by Kapp and one that was made by shocktech but with a much lower price than what the shocktech would have gone for.

jc_10 03-14-2013 03:27 AM

Why hate on the Psycho Ballistics cockers?

woouulf 03-14-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc_10 (Post 2653949)
Why hate on the Psycho Ballistics cockers?

Could it be that they were junk out of the box, seems like a good reason to hate on them to me..Toss a pump kit on them and they are just OK...I guess for a 150.00 marker new, the price was fitting for what you got..

paintballedbackin88 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

You currently have a trilogy, so I would suggest a basic wgp vert feed as a good, "real" autococker to learn on. The cost of entry will be relatively cheap compared to a new or used ccm, and there's a plethora of used parts for very good prices. Ans and wgp parts are excellent bang for the buck products. I've had excellent ans and wgp autocockers that were solid performers(weekend day/night scenario events without any issues.)

It would be best if you could pick up a complete, leak free, and well timed/tuned autococker from a reputable member, that way you will have a frame of reference for how it should feel/shoot.

Squall409 03-14-2013 06:38 PM

I recently found a WGP Outkast for sale locally. Would this be a good gun to pick up?