Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

DW Fibur-X?

Has anyone been using this barrel system? Any comments on durability and fit-up? Are you happy with it?

I am thinking about selling my Fibur in Autococker threading to get a Fibur-X in Autococker and SP threading to cover all my guns.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

We used one in our efficiency vid, and they are nice but there are a few tricks to using them:

1) Be careful tightening the "backs" on, seems like whoever did their machining didn't debur some of them all that well before sending them to anno. I got a bunch of paper cut-like cuts on my hand from the first time I tried to tighten the thread adapter on by hand.

2) The holes in the adapter are there to stick an allen wrench through for leverage to tighten the barrel in. Snug it up really well because it's reverse threaded and if you start to tighten it into the gun with the threads even remotely loose, you'll undo it.

3) Transfer the o-ring from another barrel (the one we used didn't have one) to keep it from loosening up if you're using SP threads.

That's all I've got. They're a great solution for having multiple thread types in your stable.
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts