mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   DM10 or NT10? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/229915-dm10-nt10.html)

Kungpoopanda 03-27-2013 07:08 PM

DM10 or NT10?

I am wondering which one should I get? I like the looks and efficiency of the Nt10 but I am not sure. Thanks for any help!

bigbthebenji 03-27-2013 09:37 PM

The nt10 needs a bit more work to keep it finely tuned, but it is more compact, lighter, more efficient, better looking, and cheaper.

PistolRogue 03-28-2013 01:40 AM

There's a reason why DYE doesn't make NT's anymore, after only 2-3 years of production. The DM platform has been going strong for how long? Go for the DM.

Kungpoopanda 03-28-2013 09:26 AM

Thanks guys!

cliffords the man 03-29-2013 06:09 AM

Once the NT has been properly broken in and/or if you are lucky enough to get one that works well then its a dream...
I have an NT and love it
But you might be unlucky to pick up a temperamental one...

bob_wuzza 04-08-2013 11:23 PM

I've shot and Fixed both extensively

The DM & pM ( any year for that matter ) are Great shooting guns
very quiet and the smoothest shot, easy to diagnose problems and
seem to have less gremlins than the NT. They're easy to tune and re-sale
value is great.and way more people know how to fix them due to their popularity
oh And they're the most consistent marker over the chrono

The NT are however a little bit less "kickier" even tho the DM is phenomenal
the sound signature is almost sexual.. very Snappy. but the Gremlins are numerous.
the NT 10 has 2 bumpers on the inner spool. the back one tends to shatter sometimes
They still shoot while it shatters but the fragments move around and damage orings
the NT 11 solved this by removing it completely.
tuning it is Unique to the gun. And shooting bellow 260FPS ( for re-balls )is a challenge
the first suggestion I would give to a new owner is Never read the tuning guide
I've tried to test my marker using the guide and from my experience it's Shenanigans
re-sale value dropped like a rock the last year or so. consistency depends, for me some days we're great others were all over the place. and temperature affects the velocity alot.

So my experience says go with DM, less issues.
Unless you're like me and get a Zombieland NT and cant get rid of it because its
So Damn pretty! DM or PM of any year is a win!

Kungpoopanda 04-09-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob_wuzza (Post 2678839)
I've shot and Fixed both extensively

The DM & pM ( any year for that matter ) are Great shooting guns
very quiet and the smoothest shot, easy to diagnose problems and
seem to have less gremlins than the NT. They're easy to tune and re-sale
value is great.and way more people know how to fix them due to their popularity
oh And they're the most consistent marker over the chrono

The NT are however a little bit less "kickier" even tho the DM is phenomenal
the sound signature is almost sexual.. very Snappy. but the Gremlins are numerous.
the NT 10 has 2 bumpers on the inner spool. the back one tends to shatter sometimes
They still shoot while it shatters but the fragments move around and damage orings
the NT 11 solved this by removing it completely.
tuning it is Unique to the gun. And shooting bellow 260FPS ( for re-balls )is a challenge
the first suggestion I would give to a new owner is Never read the tuning guide
I've tried to test my marker using the guide and from my experience it's Shenanigans
re-sale value dropped like a rock the last year or so. consistency depends, for me some days we're great others were all over the place. and temperature affects the velocity alot.

So my experience says go with DM, less issues.
Unless you're like me and get a Zombieland NT and cant get rid of it because its
So Damn pretty! DM or PM of any year is a win!

Thanks a bunch! Best help I have had on here for awhile.

bob_wuzza 04-10-2013 07:00 PM

Just sharing the Knowledge

mrmag11 04-10-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffords the man (Post 2668394)
Once the NT has been properly broken in and/or if you are lucky enough to get one that works well then its a dream...
I have an NT and love it
But you might be unlucky to pick up a temperamental one...

I have two NT's, both 2010. They shoot like a dream. And quite efficient. On a 68/4500 I easily shoot 7 pods plus my Rotor with air to spare. Everyone speaks of the "problem" NT's, but I have yet to see one. Two other friends swear by theirs, and other than having to know what o-rings solve what problems, they are no different maintenance wise to a DM or PM. I am not a technical person, but I have been able to keep my NT 10's working great.

I owned a DM8 so I can't specifically compare it to a DM10, but I do know my DM8 was a gas hog compared to my NT10.

bob_wuzza 04-11-2013 01:59 AM

Older DMs tend to be a little harder on air but with proper tuning or if you're willing to dump out the cash for a Billy wing bolt, Any DM will have more than enough shots to get you through a game. Dropping your dwell helps alot