mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Need some help(cocker problems) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/229929-need-some-help-cocker-problems.html)

NDomipolo 03-27-2013 10:06 PM

Need some help(cocker problems)

So I'm building my first cocker and I'm having problems having it recock. Could I have the hoses wrong?i have a slider frame and have it set up. The gun is also half blocked if that changes anything. And it has an ans 3 way.

1(close to gun)- front of ram
2(middle)- lpr
3- back of ram

I turned up the lpr pressure and it cocks but it starts in the cocked position. Are the hoses in the wrong order?

PlawB 03-28-2013 12:07 AM

What do you mean the cocked position?

Explain it in terms of the bolt. Is the bolt open or closed when the trigger isn't pulled? When it is pulled?

NDomipolo 03-28-2013 12:14 AM

When the trigger is not pulled the bolt is back.

reepneep 03-28-2013 12:27 AM

Your hoses should be front of 3way to back of ram, mid to lpr, and 3way back to ram front.

Cocker hoses go like this:
Hinge frame: front of 3way to front of ram
Slider frame: front of 3way to back of ram

If you have a 3 orning 3way like a palmers quickswitch or a shocktech bomb, reverse that.

Alternately, you could leave the hoses they way they are and adjust the hammer lug to fire after it cocks. Open bolt autocockers are fun too.

K_Obeastly 03-28-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

1(close to gun)- front of ram
Quote:

and 3way back to ram front.
I think you just described what he said in different words.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP I would say your timing rod is set too short. When you pull the trigger does the back block close? If so, then your hoses are wrong, if not then your timing rod is probably set too short.

reepneep 03-28-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Obeastly (Post 2667228)
I think you just described what he said in different words.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP I would say your timing rod is set too short. When you pull the trigger does the back block close? If so, then your hoses are wrong, if not then your timing rod is probably set too short.

Reading comprehension failure. Its been a long day. :bang:
What this guy said. If you can't get it to retract even after playing with the timing rod length, your ram might be bad.

NDomipolo 03-28-2013 01:56 PM

Ok I messed with the timing and lpr and got it to shoot then cock.but the trigger won't return forward. Is the return spring not strong enough? Or is it something with the ram?

K_Obeastly 03-28-2013 08:05 PM

I would say that either the return spring is not strong enough or the LPR may be set too high. could also be a binding issue or goo in the 3 way but since it's a new build I would look at the first two first.