mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   winchester hopper help (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/229981-winchester-hopper-help.html)

Jello78 03-28-2013 02:15 PM

winchester hopper help

i just bought a winchester hopper off ebay and its all stock, the thing is, is that it will not fit any of my gun feednecks (and yes they are adjustable feednecks) so how do i fix this and what lid should i use for a lid mod? all the help would be appreciated since this is my first winchester hopper

Sean_Chip 03-28-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jello78 (Post 2667705)
i just bought a winchester hopper off ebay and its all stock, the thing is, is that it will not fit any of my gun feednecks (and yes they are adjustable feednecks) so how do i fix this and what lid should i use for a lid mod? all the help would be appreciated since this is my first winchester hopper

As far as the feedneck issue goes, you can purchase this feedneck adaptor from Paintballgateway.com and it should resolve that issue.

Check It Perfect Fit Winchester Pocket Hopper Adapter

Frenchy 03-28-2013 02:20 PM

Just wrap electrical tape around the neck of the hopper to thicken it up

And I used a dye locklid for the lid mod on mine

Crimson Death 03-28-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy (Post 2667710)

/endthread

Silent Savage 03-28-2013 03:54 PM

Yea lock lids and electrical tape are the standard. I like to use heat shrink on mine cause I can't stand the greasy stickyness electrical tape leaves once it starts to tear and slide around.

Bow 03-28-2013 05:33 PM

I have an ammo box that fits inside of my KP3 but it doesn't stay. I also put electrical tape in it so that it holds 10rd tubes. So I flipped an elbow around and taped it on the thin side, It's pretty legit.

Kungpoopanda 03-28-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy (Post 2667710)

/thread

Jello78 03-29-2013 12:35 AM

is there a lock lid mod on here that i can follow??

johnfly 03-29-2013 07:59 AM

Spend the extra money and buy the feedneck adapter from paintball gateway. It will allow your hopper to fit and you will be able to clamp it down tighter without distorting the neck area thus causing feed issues.

Frenchy 03-29-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfly (Post 2668418)
Spend the extra money and buy the feedneck adapter from paintball gateway. It will allow your hopper to fit and you will be able to clamp it down tighter without distorting the neck area thus causing feed issues.

please elaborate. I assume you're speaking from experience. I've never once had trouble with my winny in my CCM clamping feedneck and its always tightened very snugly...... I feel like you'd have to try to crush the neck to squeeze it to a point where you'd choke off the flow of paintballs