mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

New generation Remote Line Push-Button QDs: Cobra, Pro-connect, PTC, Connex, etc.

I have recently discovered for myself the new generation of the remote line quick disconnects - the push-button type. Every major paintball company seems to be coming out with these: Guerrilla Air came out with their "Cobra" QD, Psiworx came out with their "Pro-Connect III" QD, RAP4 came out with "Zip connect" QD, Tippman has the "Connex" QD, Ninja did the "PTC" (push-to-connect) QD, there is also the "Shogun" QD, even the Tactical-Mod has their "Push Button Quick Release Remote Connect". These, essentially, are all the same connector type. My question is: What is the technically proper term that these QDs are called, irrespective of the branding re-seller (because all of those above-mentioned QDs are just being re-sold and not actually manufactured by those brands)? I am trying to find the actual manufacturer of these new gen push-button QD's. Any help is greatly appreciated!
n0buddy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
They still look like the old "Pro connect" to me.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Benoit use to sell them before all the other companies jump on board:

Warlock Pro Connect III pre-order

Maybe he can tell you who it is from.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
They may well all be made by Stabli still. The're the original maker of the proconnect, and they're an industrial supply company. Everyone could well be buying from them.

***Edit

Actually, there is some good information here about the new versions.

http://www.pbriot.com/showthread.php...Connex-PTC-amp

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
They aren't new. They have been around forever. I used to use one back in the 90's.

Push Button Quick Couplers

Probably as best as you will get to an "official" name, or Push Button Quick Disconnect.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Connectors*-*Stšubli
Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Doug Browns (Psiworx) creation that was stolen and ravaged by other company's..... still a pro connect to me

I wont go into the whole story but its an ugly one
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow! You guys are awesome! Thanks for so much info so quickly. From my own experience in medical field, I know that whenever something obvious is copy-catted by a whole host of companies each under their own trademark it is just their enterprising way to make money off someone else's invention. If Doug Brown has "introduced the ProConnect to paintball", was he not the one to invent it? If he wasn't the inventor, then it really doesn't matter who makes it, as long as they create a quality product - there is no moral argument when one merchant is against another merchant. Now, the inventor/manufacturer vs. a merchant/re-seller is a moral issue.
n0buddy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0buddy0 View Post
If Doug Brown has "introduced the ProConnect to paintball", was he not the one to invent it?..... Now, the inventor/manufacturer vs. a merchant/re-seller is a moral issue.
That is paintball, in a nut shell.

But with pneumatics, most components typically originate outside paintball. Things like quick-exhausts, rams, slide-checks, etc, are all "off the shelf" items, even if rebranded.

I used to use a Q/D, similar to the proconnect, but years before it. Instead of a button, it had a slide. But unlike a slidecheck, it would seperate the male/female ends, leaving both pressurized.

Maybe thats where the idea of the Proconnect came form? I remember getting them at an industrial supply store..... but I lost interest with remotes.

Here is the only picture I have with that oddball Q/D: You can see the slide on the male end. Both ends had check-valves.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
Doug Browns (Psiworx) creation that was stolen and ravaged by other company's..... still a pro connect to me

I wont go into the whole story but its an ugly one
So he created this back in the 90's, and it was stolen by other companies that made it for general air hose connections generally used by companies that used pneumatic connections for commercial and industrial applications?
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts