mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Barrel kit + Ifit

So I just bought the small bore TechT Ifit kit (.85,.82,.78,.75,.72,.70) and am planning on using it to underbore along with my barrel kits. I'm not seeing these done too many places or many people talk about this, it seems most use a 1part and the Ifit, or use an ifit that converts to barrel front threading.

My kit does not cover the small bores as well as the Ifit, so I was planning on getting the best possible barrel match, and perfect Ifitt match. I'm wondering if there is any reason (turbulence for example when coming out of the sizer) that this would be a bad idea.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Nope, I use an ifit with my furious. It works great since the paint around here is smaller than all barrel kits. Just make sure to go one size smaller on the ifit than the bore size of your back. Last weekend I used a .670 ifit and my.679 furious back. No breaks all day and great accuracy.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Yea, that was my plan. Thanks for a perfect answer. paint has gotten so small, and I don't want to keep buying new barrels and for some of the paint no one makes a small enough barrel (as you said). The Ifit goes down so small I can use it with my Pipes or Lurker and be set.

Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
It will add around 2" to your barrel length. If you can handle that, they work out well enough.

But it has been shown that a longer length for the inserts will give you better efficiency numbers, which is really the idea behind underboring and such. They don't make your shooting any more accurate, they just make it so every little bit of air used to propel the paintball is used to actually propel the paintball, and none of it gets wasted going around the ball.

I'm not the biggest fan of Punkworks, but it is the one thing that they got right, with little to no argument.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I can live with the extra 2inches, it'll make my Lurker long, but i'll mostly be using it on the Lurker when I'm having roll out issues (Lurker being my smallest barrel, and i'm mostly talking about Pump play).

For my Pipe kit (where I'm using it to refine the bore, Pipe sizes are highly limited) I can use a smaller tip then I normally would. I have all three size tips so I guess I'll just mostly use the tip that would make it a 10inch, so it's a 12. I won't be able to have a 10inch barrel, and my 16inch tips will be kinda useless with the Ifitt. But it does give me new length and bore options, so as long as it works (and everone seems to agree on that) I'm happy with my complete impulse purchase.

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Wasn't trying to imply an accuracy gain. I was trying to impress that using the ifit in conjunction with a tight fit barrel has no detrimental effects. The ifit is great for rollouts, a fact that us pumpers and cocker guys greatly appreciate.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'm missing the conversation of accuracy, the only other time I see it mentioned is in the context of it being a non-factor.

Though I do imagine if the paint is far to small for the barrel one is using and Ifitt would increase accuracy through increased consistency.

i'd love to see some numbers comparing shot grouping, efficiency, consistency, ect between an Ifitt w/ well fitted barrel back and
a freak kit (just an insert and generic bore barrel)

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I don't have any data to present. But my consistency was better over the crono with the ifit and tight bore barrel. I tried the ifit with a hammerhead, dye stainless and old school aa at the crono at the same time. All barrels were an overbore except the furious .679 2 piece. I got the best results with the ifit and furious. Not data, just an observation.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Thats what I would expect, I would expect a Lotus kit with Ifitt to far outperform a classic Freak bored barrel with inserts.

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Again, I am not the biggest fan of Punkworks, but this is the one thing that it seems that they got right:
Control bore test with 2.5", 5", 7", 9", and 11" control bores:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...Ng&output=html

Everything as close to consistent as possible, you will notice that same bores got a higher velocity average with a longer control bore than a shorter one, but the least deviancy in variations in velocity is the smaller control bore.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts