mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   SHP Reg (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/230888-shp-reg.html)

Shocker2k 04-08-2013 01:59 PM

SHP Reg

Hey guys, I bought a SHP reg for my RT Mag, and I had two of my tanks hydroed and I figured I would just have the shop install my new SHP reg onto one of the tanks that I brought in. I just got a call today from them saying that the reg was a bit too large to fit into the tank. Have any of you had any similar issues? Im going to bring in my other tank and see if it will fit on that one. Kinda strange I figured that all of the HP tanks would be threaded the same...

Nick

Spider! 04-08-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shocker2k (Post 2678184)
the reg was a bit too large to fit into the tank.

Hmpf. The only possible problem I can think of is that the threads don't match, which should be what they tell you. "Too large" sounds more like someone doesn't want to put it on the tank for you.

Shocker2k 04-08-2013 02:15 PM

I find it rather odd, they seem to be really nice guys. My only other guess is that since it is a brand new reg that maybe its a tight fit and they dont want to push it. We will see Ill bring in my other tank and see if I can get it to fit on that one.

Nick

woouulf 04-08-2013 02:25 PM

What kind of tank do you have ? Some of the older tanks have larger threads and here's a result..This shop is local to me..
http://propaintball.com/2009/05/vide...elli-accident/
Now if your tank has smaller threads, i have no idea....

Shocker2k 04-08-2013 02:38 PM

I believe its going on a Crossfire, honestly I just bought it from someone and it was in his tank cover most of the time. So i dont really remember what brand of tank it is lol.

Nick

Spider! 04-08-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shocker2k (Post 2678224)
I believe its going on a Crossfire, honestly I just bought it from someone and it was in his tank cover most of the time. So i dont really remember what brand of tank it is lol.

Nick

I just sent my crossfire in for hydro too. Crossfire uses a lot of loctite. The threads may just need cleaning to get them to fit. I expect to spend another half an hour cleaning mine out. After crossfire loctite'd the reg in and put marks on it anyway, I didn't bother sending it back to them the next time.

I guess you could have a tolerance problem between the two, but I've never heard of that happening with tanks. Not many people get to mix and match a lot of combinations of regs and tanks.

No Mercy Ever 04-08-2013 05:40 PM

There is something wrong with what they are saying. Pretty much everything since 2000 or so (I think that it happened in 99) uses regulators that are smaller in diameter than they used to be. I have an ACI setup, bottle is from Charleton, that was made in 4/99 that has the larger diameter opening. I also have a Charleton Technologies from 08/99 with a Smart Parts reg on it, that is the smaller, now standard, opening. And, just to add to it, I have a Nitro Duck/Paintball Mania tank with a born date of 04/98 that also uses the smaller opening.

I would ask the shop to show you what they mean. Because it should be the other way around, as in the bottle opening is too large for the reg.

Shocker2k 04-09-2013 08:03 AM

Im going to go and pick up the tanks later this week so Ill be able to check it out then. Ill let you guys know what I find out.

Nick

BLachance75 04-09-2013 10:41 AM

Maybe they mean the reg won't screw all the way down and there is a little gap between reg and tank. I had that issue when I put a SHP reg on one of my tanks. Ninja give a smaller oring for the reg in situations such as that. I simply put on the smaller oring and it screwed all the way in.

Shocker2k 04-09-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLachance75 (Post 2679121)
Maybe they mean the reg won't screw all the way down and there is a little gap between reg and tank. I had that issue when I put a SHP reg on one of my tanks. Ninja give a smaller oring for the reg in situations such as that. I simply put on the smaller oring and it screwed all the way in.

Hmm that sounds like it could be it, I should have asked for more clarification I guess :bang:

Nick