mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

if its a palmers reg, also called a Rock as in rock steady in consistency. They are very difficult to disassemble. There are lock-tighted shut. Heat will break it loose but will destroy the internals. You can send it in to palmers, for rebuild. But don't know how much it will cost. Its been a long time since i mess with my cockers.
andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

it almost sounds like the trigger trip and cocking sequence are too close together so the sear is up most of the time when it gets cocked..
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Are you sure on the rock? I've rebuilt one before just by taking the rock knob out the unscrewing the end cap on that end and pushing everything out. I wouldn't think it was anything special as a rock, but could be wrong. After that, just swap out the o-rings. It was actually a pretty easy fix.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

the timing now is set far apart on the trigger, i thought the timing was too close also. now the sear releases almost imediately and the recock cycle is at the very back of the triger pull. it would most likely short stroke like crazy but i wanted to eliminate the posiblility. i took apart the lpr to adjust the screw and now ive sprung a leak, *sigh when i had the adjustable one on there i was able to cycle and shoot it with the pressure back up, Back to the stock reg, what could i have done to it? all i did was turn that screw and now it leaks like crazy from the relief hole also. two friggin regs both leaking out of the relief hole and its starting to be a frustrating rebuild. Thank you guys for the help. you rock
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
MCB: Employment to furry prison sodomy in less than 20 posts, or your money back.
zacgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

i was able to break either eg down just a bit, to pull out the spring/guide. i didnt reach any orings in my dissasembly of either one. I dont feel i should have blown a ring but i cant get to them to confirm either... any idea of dissasembly on the solid one? i saw a bit of info on the adjustable one a few posts ago but it didnt look promising without destroying it.
MCB: Employment to furry prison sodomy in less than 20 posts, or your money back.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
The stock lpr doesn't need too much of a turn to increase pressure, I usually do mine by a 1/4 turn at a time. If they are leaking that may be a sign of over- pressurization. Could also be a bad oring and a lot of times a few drops of oil inside will fix em. The stock lpr's are pretty simple internally, the end cap (where the hose goes in) unscrews as well and you can dump all the internals but you have to open both sides.

As for your timing get the firing point where you like it in the trigger pull. That is a personal thing, some guys like it early in the pull, some guys like it at the end. I put mine in the middle. Use the hammer lug to do this. After your firing point is set, you then set the recocking point. You use the 3-way timing rod for this. This again is personal preference but the recocking point must come after the firing point. I get mine so close that I can't fire it without recocking and it creates a vacuum in the chamber (suction timing). This is one of the fun parts of autocockers, playing with the settings and getting it just so. These are steps 3 and 4 in the timing sequence and Make sure you have already done 1 and 2. Hope this helps, remember, this is fun. Once you get it done you will have a feeling of satisfaction that makes the frustration go away.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

got the solid one broke down and all i saw was one o ring and it was in good shape, ill try replacing it now bc its still leaking. i have one more lpr off a minicocker i will try if these arent going to seal for me. i just have to get it from a friend. it does seem like a very simple lpr. im not sure what the malfunction is. if the spring is too stretched, im guessing it would cause a leak here? its possible i stretched it too far.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

This article should answer your timing questions: Otter Customs Paintball - AutoCocker Timing

Or this one: Otter Customs Paintball - AutoCocker Troubleshooting

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

thanks for the links. between these and ravvis place i have a decent understanding. the problem now lies in the lpr leak,. i have purposefully set the firing and recocking cycles far apart if that was confusing. i wanted to eliminate the possibllity of recocking too soon and not allowing for firing. the blasted lpr is as simple as can be and with leathalh's help i broke it down fully. the leak is puzzling.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts