mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
No class

Best First Strike mags

Hi guys, I don't know anything about Mag fed stuff and can't seem to find much info on it. I'm looking for opinions on what the absolute best First Strike compatible mag is. Marker doesn't matter, I am wanting to know about the magazines only. Which one is the best?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd say the dam bc the mags have a trap door and are reversible.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Modder at heart

I second the DAM mags. Even the price is phenomenal! They have such a great feel to them and have so many features on them that they blow everything else out of the water.
Danny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

In say the T8.1 or T9.1 mags. The company that makes the rounds built those mags for them. They feed reliably and are very durably constructed out of aluminium. Only flaw with them in my mind is cost. But I willing to pay a but more for something of quality and works well.

That being said I not shot a DAM as the gun is just insanely priced for my blood. For cost of one DAM I can run my Tacamo A5 with 5 mags and my T8.1 with 4 mags.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ask me How!

dam mags? uh no...let's go with the creators of the First Strike rounds and the mags intended to hold them, Tiberius 8/9.1/T4 mags. Just as TinyBear pointed out, they feed smooth and in my experience, have never any issues with mis-feedings or any other problems. Now thats not to say other magazines are not good but to answer your question about the 'best', it would definitely have to be Tiberius.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
I had a Tiberius and the mags sucked. If a slight bump they will shoot all the paint out of the mag instantly. You have to mod the mags to keep this from happening, which is dumb for one reason... should work out of the box with out fixing them first.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
No class

Hey GMAN! Thanks to all that have posted. I have been reading about the DAm and looking for info on the mags, which can be hard to find. Price for me is not an issue, as I typically shoot less than 50 paint in a game, or two. I am curious though, with the Tiberious mags. Do they hold the paint under pressure, or do they have a spring release that is triggered as the mag is fed into the marker? How about pre ejectulating paint?
I'm not looking to start an argument here, just want opinions as to what works and why.
With the DYE mags, do you have to open the doors over the top manually before that are fed into the marker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
The Tiberius mags are not under pressure until loaded into the grip. The grip pops the pusher into position and is good to go. But they can still fly out with them getting bumped or pulling out of a pouch.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Hey GMAN! Thanks to all that have posted. I have been reading about the DAm and looking for info on the mags, which can be hard to find. Price for me is not an issue, as I typically shoot less than 50 paint in a game, or two. I am curious though, with the Tiberious mags. Do they hold the paint under pressure, or do they have a spring release that is triggered as the mag is fed into the marker? How about pre ejectulating paint?
I'm not looking to start an argument here, just want opinions as to what works and why.
With the DYE mags, do you have to open the doors over the top manually before that are fed into the marker?
Not looking to start an argument? Well then, I guess I'm in the wrong forum lmao j/k. Hey bud whats up. Acid explains it below. I keep my mags in an M4 pouch or the Tiberius 3 mag holder and haven't had an issue with them popping out. Not to say it hasn't happened from time to time but even when running and crawling around they don't come undone. The bar that holds the rounds in is somewhat hidden so you really have to rub it with some force to make the balls come out and like Acid said, they are not under pressure so they don't go flying out even if that bar is pushed back a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
The Tiberius mags are not under pressure until loaded into the grip. The grip pops the pusher into position and is good to go. But they can still fly out with them getting bumped or pulling out of a pouch.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Modder at heart

The dam mags are not under pressure. The trap door also is automatically pulled back when you insert the mag in the marker. The design is ingenious.

Also, if you need to clean out the mag, it's completely toolless. Take a look at the vid 13:00 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz_u...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Danny D; 06-13-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Danny D is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts