mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silent Lurker Troll

Best state for paintball...

So out of curiosity, what state in YOUR OPINION has the best paintballing for the weekend paintballer?

For the average player with his own equipment, not trying to play professionally.

Factors should include number of fields, accessibility to those fields such as travel time/hours of operation, and weather, etc.

Thanks
G
OrangeBoldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'd say FL but I'm biased. It's without a doubt though either Florida or California. Makes sense considering the similarities in weather.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Silent Lurker Troll

Agreed. The weather in both FL and CA are optimal however I feel like all those ginormous scenario games are so far away... I'm visiting Chicago and it seems like there's a decently large PB scene here.. I don't know anything about the winter months up here though..
Old 07-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Florida and California are huge, so they have a ton of places, and the weather is pretty consistent. I'd say technically those would be the best, but being so big it's quite a haul from one area to another.

I'd have to say New England, probably here in Massachusetts... There are literally dozens of fields... Plenty of outdoor fields withing an hours drive of the central part of the state (Saturday/Sunday morning) including those in southern NH and northern CT and RI. There are a good number of indoor fields too, for rainy days or cold winters.

Outdoor:
-Boston Paintball Outdoor (MA)
-P & L Bridgewater (MA)
-All Starr Paintball (MA)
-Friendly Fire PB (MA)
-Fox 4 Paintball (MA)
-Cape Cod PB (MA)
-Airsports Paintball (MA)
-Orchard Hills PB (MA)
-Action Games PB(MA)
-Camelot Paintball (MA)
-Ultimate Adventure (MA)
-Randolph Paintball (MA)
-Agawam Xtreme (MA)
-Camp Paintball (MA)
-Grand View PB (NH)
-AG Paintball (NH)
-Xtreme Paintball (RI)
-Warzone Paintball (RI)
-Riptide Paintball (RI)
-Matts Outback (CT)
-Strategy PB (CT)
-Hogans Alley (CT)
-Final Shots (CT)

Indoor:
-Boston Paintball Chelsea (MA)
-Boston Paintball Ashland (MA)
-Balls 2 the Wall (MA)
-Battlegroundz (MA)
-NH Indoor PB (NH)
-Providence Indoor (RI)
-Matts Outback (CT)
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

You forgot "Splatttland" in Methuen.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
You forgot "Splatttland" in Methuen.
Jack isn't the only one who runs awesome outlaw games; I know of at least five others that run as frequently here in MA and up in NH. That said he puts on a good show up there, for sure. Definitely one of the best, if you're a pumper no one else can touch it.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Silent Lurker Troll

Frizzle-that's a lot of places to play! Do you play during the winter also? Despite snow? How does that affect play? Paint and CO2 issues?

I must plan to visit for a few weeks and check these fields out.. Any big scenarios?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBoldas View Post
Frizzle-that's a lot of places to play! Do you play during the winter also? Despite snow? How does that affect play? Paint and CO2 issues?

I must plan to visit for a few weeks and check these fields out.. Any big scenarios?
In the winter I generally play at one of the Boston Paintball Indoor facilities... They feature HPA and winter paint, so other than being a little bit chilly (like an autumn day) it's perfect! They're big, open facilities with no stupid pillars to get in the way, and there are plenty of players.

I've only done outdoor a few times in the snow, but it's fine with HPA and winter paint. I certainly wouldn't want to use Co2 though; I'm sure that wouldn't end well. Only a handful of outdoor fields do winter play but some outlaw groups do it... I'd rather go inside to be honest; there are enough indoor fields to give you some variety.

As for the weather, I'd say maybe 25% of the winter we've got snow on the ground. In northern NH and VT it seems like there's snow on the ground all winter long, but in eastern/central MA we get 2-3 major storms but most of the snow doesn't stick.

And yeah, we've got a LOT of fields.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

fizzles right I've been playing here since the 80's when it was all renegade stuff and sunglasses only and there are a lot of fields, plus X-ball, collegiate, and 3 & 5 man air ball teams always looking for different ranked players, different ages there's just a chance at everything here even all the classes of pump play is big,,,, plus easy drive to many surrounding states with other host of fields.

my absolute favorite place for walk on rec ball play based on fields, reffing, and value that's not mentioned is OSG Paintball in Center Barnstead, NH. which is a lot similar to P&L another huge rec field. air ball I don't play anymore due to age really but BPS dominates there..
Tajue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Sober
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts