mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Palmers brass barrels

Hey guys. I have a question. Im looking at ordering some Palmer's barrels. I see that they have the option of 680,685,690. I usually shoot a 679 or 682 barrel back. With the wedgits, would a 685 be like a 680? or what? I never used palmers barrels or wedgits so im not real understanding on how it works. Also does anyone use the palmer's without the porting? Hope some of you guys can help me.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hey man,

I have a pps brass .690 that holds 0.680 no problem. I also have a .685 that holds .675. Seems the medium widgets hold like that. They both shoot great for me.

One is ported, one isn't. Porting IMHO is a matter of preference. I "think" my ported one is quiet but I haven't measured it.

Hope that helps. If not call Lori at palmers and she will find out for you.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Wedgits are 3 tiny indents in the barrel that keep a ball from ball out, they don't make the actual bore any smaller except for those tiny 3 contact points. So a .680 barrel with wedgits will be a .680 barrel with wedgits. However, wedgits will make your gun noticeably more consistent over the chrono compared to the same barrel without wedgits (even with matched paint). I'd go with a .680 with 'light wedgits' if those are the only two barrel bores you ever use. That way it will still hold paint smaller than .680, but not break paint if you run into paint that's .683. Normally the standard wedgits won't break paint in that situation but it can if the paints old and brittle.

I haven't noticed a difference in accuracy between the ported and non-ported barrels. Ported barrels are a lot more quiet, that's about it. Also, remember that the barrel is made of brass; a 14inch barrel can get pretty heavy.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts