mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Empire Ressurection or WGP Mech

For someone who would be considering picking up a mech marker, and was trying to decide between either the new Empire Ressurection or an older WGP Mech. What would be the pros and cons of one over the other?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Cons and pros would be parts swapability/customization. You get more options with wgp. But the resurrection is an outstanding marker in itself
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

It depends; does this person understand and feel competent with the tuning necessary for a 'Cocker? If so, the best financial route is to pick up a WGP and tune it/swap parts as you see fit. The Empire is really cool, and I'd love to have one. But I always look for the best value, and it's way cheaper to tweak a used 'Cocker than to buy the Empire.

However, going new, you do get a warranty and great customer support. So if you DON'T know how to keep one running, that becomes a factor.

Of course, anytime someone says "I want a mech marker", the first thing I always say anyway is "eNMEy"...

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Power Lurker

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
If you need a barrel kit and don't want to do any work the Resurrection is phenominal. It shoots great, and the barrel kit is very good. The trigger is a snappy slide and is very easy to shoot properly. It is also lighter than most older cockers. It is a no hassle buy.

The other side of that is that it is way more expensive than a used WGP mech. But you will likely be evening out those savings by doing cleaning, repairs, reg rebuilds, and tuning on whatever you buy right away. (unless you buy from someone who knows what they are doing, and cares)

Every single autococker I have bought from Ebay has been in suboptimal working order when listed as ready to use. Not a problem for me, but might be for others. I just bought a green 2k3 mech with barrel kit for $75 shipped. I probably have an hour or two of work before it is really ready to roll/ resell and I have worked on a lot of autocockers. I will probably resell in perfect working order to a local for around $150 or trade for something.

Good paintball tech work will cost you $35+ an hour plus parts from most stores.

The last choice is to buy a nice used aftermarket cocker from a knowledgeable member here. For the price of the resurrection new you could pretty much have your pick of used cockers in good working order plus enough for a good tank and hopper.

Old PBN Feedback
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Thanks guys. To be honest I've never tech'd an autococker. I've converted plenty to pump but I've never done anything with pneumatics. With that being said I'd love to learn and was actually contemplating picking up something cheap to try and get my feet wet with AC teching.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Anybody know if that Flash-based "Cocker Timing Game" is still out on the net anywhere? I learned on that yeeeaaarrrs ago, but last time I looked for it, it seemed to have vanished.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pump Convert

AC tech is pretty intimidating at first but once you sit down and read through a tech article and really try to understand it, it kinda clicks into place. You really want to understand the mechanics of the firing. There's lot of visual guides out there.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Anybody know if that Flash-based "Cocker Timing Game" is still out on the net anywhere? I learned on that yeeeaaarrrs ago, but last time I looked for it, it seemed to have vanished.
A game on teching autocockers? I'll get the mountain dew...
Rotozip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Also I found it on an old pbnation thread.

http://home.arcor.de/matzebenz/dl/actsim.zip
Rotozip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Cockers are not as hard as most people make them out to be. I was in the same boat as you awhile back. Bought a cocker without knowing anything about it. Cockers were king when I started in 1992 or so. I was able to teach myself with all the info on the net and was able to learn very fast and can build my own from scratch. The resurrection is a phenomenal cocker and shoots just awesome. The trigger is far and away the best part of it. Clamping feedneck, weight and on off asa are very nice too. It is good to go out of the box and needs nothing. My s5 is better in almost every way (not much), and cost me about 300 total, but I had to redo a lot on it.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts