mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

The TiPX "special" male nipple is only useful if you want to keep the line inside the gun pressurized - it has a "check valve" which is simply a screw post with an o-ring to seal the end. Personally I removed and replaced the TPX remote adapter with a PC3 connection as soon as I got it and never had any flow problems as opposed to my buddy who was using a "standard" remote that has the "check valve". If I decide I want to run a 12gram day on the TPX I replace the PC3 connection with a small 1k gauge.

go here on ebay $25 for the ends if you already have the remote coil or $40 shipped for the whole line - if the link doesn't work just search psiworx paintball on ebay

Straight line if you want to run the line inside a vest/clothing - coiled line with or without a "cover" if you want is "hanging" they also make "shorter" or longer coils as an fyi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.

Last edited by EL17E 76; 07-31-2013 at 11:35 AM.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
Budget Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
The TiPX "special" male nipple is only useful if you want to keep the line inside the gun pressurized - it has a "check valve" which is simply a screw post with an o-ring to seal the end. Personally I removed and replaced the TPX remote adapter with a PC3 connection as soon as I got it and never had any flow problems as opposed to my buddy who was using a "standard" remote that has the "check valve". If I decide I want to run a 12gram day on the TPX I replace the PC3 connection with a small 1k gauge.

go here on ebay $25 for the ends if you already have the remote coil or $40 shipped for the whole line - if the link doesn't work just search psiworx paintball on ebay

Straight line if you want to run the line inside a vest/clothing - coiled line with or without a "cover" if you want is "hanging" they also make "shorter" or longer coils as an fyi.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was wondering about the "check valve."

Good to know about the coil lengths I didn't remember that from my last time I bought one years ago.

How convenient and/or annoying is it having the straight line running through say a vest when you're trying to switch hands?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
How convenient and/or annoying is it having the straight line running through say a vest when you're trying to switch hands?
Let us just leave it at there is a reason IMO to dual wield and a reason they made the dual remote setup other than it being "cool".

Personally I have either only used a dual setup through my vest or a coiled single setup outside the vest so personally I have never had to "switch" hands to fire from either side with a single straight line in a vest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Budget Baller

Placed my order through Hustle Paintball and got a call today that the PSIWorx remote was out of stock (noooo!) but they've got great customer service and said they would exchange it for a Ninja remote.

Do any of you know if the PSIWorx male end will fit a Ninja PTC female end? I saw that the PSIWorx will fit a Guerrilla Air female end but I wasn't sure about Ninja (both Guerrilla Air and Ninja appear to be the same sized male end).
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Budget Baller

So I went to my local pro shop and messed around with some of the fittings. For the record:

Guerrilla Air male end fits Ninja female end.
Ninja male end fits Guerrilla Air female end.

As stated previously by another poster, PSIWorx male end fits Guerrilla Air female end (presumably Ninja female as well since they're the same).

As a heads up though, the Ninja male end that comes with the ASA adapter attached isn't a standard 1/8" fitting so it does not fit on the TiPX remote adapter.

The Guerrilla Air male end that comes with the ASA adapter attached is a standard 1/8" fitting that fits on the TiPX remote adapter.

Hope that helps anyone trying to make a purchase but can't find exactly what they were looking for.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts