mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Im really confused

I have a 2k3 prostock and the feedneck is threaded, but it just hit me! are not the 2k3 feednecks suppose to be pressed into the body! I just read that they are!
JEREMIAH 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
pbkid37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

some were some weren't. it was a transition point in the bodies. luck has you with the ability to change feednecks, except finding a clamping feedneck to thread in.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
some were some weren't. it was a transition point in the bodies. luck has you with the ability to change feednecks, except finding a clamping feedneck to thread in.
ok than what threading is it? just autococker threading?
JEREMIAH 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is the body female threaded to accept a male threaded feedneck (like an Angel), or does it have a male threaded feed post extending out of the body which accepts female threaded necks/collars?

If it's the latter, that post is still pressed into the body, it just allows for more options and was available on later models. If it's a female threaded hole that accepts a male threaded feedneck you've probably got some sort of custom job there.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Is the body female threaded to accept a male threaded feedneck (like an Angel), or does it have a male threaded feed post extending out of the body which accepts female threaded necks/collars?

If it's the latter, that post is still pressed into the body, it just allows for more options and was available on later models. If it's a female threaded hole that accepts a male threaded feedneck you've probably got some sort of custom job there.
it comes out of the body a little
Old 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

OK that's part coming out of the body is pressed in the same was a fixed feedneck would. You're looking at what I've seen referred to as "STO threaded" or "Autococker threaded" feednecks. There were a few later models called "unibodies" which had that same stub milled directly into the body rather than pressed in.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
OK that's part coming out of the body is pressed in the same was a fixed feedneck would. You're looking at what I've seen referred to as "STO threaded" or "Autococker threaded" feednecks. There were a few later models called "unibodies" which had that same stub milled directly into the body rather than pressed in.
ok so ill get a autococker/sto feedneck! thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
wait so would a threaded phsycoballistic feedneck fit it? i just dont know if the threading is different.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkid37 View Post
wait so would a threaded phsycoballistic feedneck fit it? i just dont know if the threading is different.
It should.
Intimidator feednecks will also fit threaded autocockers of this era (but not vise-versa).
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts