mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   if i pump a nasty 3 times.. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/239295-if-i-pump-nasty-3-times.html)

SKULL 08-06-2013 03:26 AM

if i pump a nasty 3 times..

any of you guys with a nasty pump please help me out

i want to know if this works..

i want a shotgun paintball gun, so i am going to get a nasty sheridan built. if i pump it 3 times (6 balls, 3 each barrel) will it fire like a buckshot?

if yes, advice on optimizing this if you please
if no, why and how can i get it to do that?

if absolutely not....will it work if pump it only 2 times (4 balls, 2 each barrel)

thank you guys

Sincera 08-06-2013 03:45 AM

You're going to break paint down the barrel too often to reliably double or triple pump a nasty IMO.

freedummy 08-06-2013 03:50 AM

I think it will work, it's just that your velocity will be...

Balls

YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

K_Obeastly 08-06-2013 04:10 AM

I would guess that a tight bore barrel would be the way to go. If you had wedgits and a larger bore you would end up having balls roll further into the barrel and then instead of firing all of them, you would fire the ball that had been stuck in the wedgits into the balls that had rolled down the barrel.

SKULL 08-06-2013 04:39 AM

thanks for the input guys, keep it coming. especially if you have or can try this for me.

I had not thought of the tight bore, actually i though looser might be better but your logic has merit so ill look into this.

senghing27 08-06-2013 06:21 AM

If you pump it three times, it will shoot six balls. Accuracy will be ok, the spread won't be buckshot style.

shoot to thrill 08-06-2013 07:17 AM

It won't work like you want, but please try it so someone on here can buy it from you for cheap once you decide it's a piece of crap

Dr. VonDeafingson 08-06-2013 08:24 AM

I've done it with my buddy's ditto deuce.

Had the gun chambered already, but I thought it wasn't so I pumped again.

Popped up over the snake and saw a dude in the bunker 6 ft away from me.

Pulled the trigger and gave him 4 welts in a 6in diameter area.

Kid went DOWN, I felt so bad afterwards. KEN, YOU MADE AN EVIL, EVIL GUN.

JLuke 08-06-2013 08:34 AM

Isn't a nasty sheridan hard to even get up to velocity to begin with using only 2 balls?

Expect like < 200 fps per shot lol.

I wonder if anyone has tried making a 4 barrel marker....

palerider 08-06-2013 08:42 AM

Nasty's are the coolest markers I have ever owned, Ive had 3. They are also very big, heavy, expensive and very hard to get equal shot to shot consistence down both barrels.
I have double pumped and chopped before and then you have mess. Some times 2 balls go log and 2 go short or they all go about half as far in a very inconstant group.

The paintball shot gun, PB mini and the double trouble are all cool ideas but very impractical because PB's do not behave like bullets or shot. Save you $$$ and get a nice pump or a high end electro. I sure wish I had.