mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Accuracy (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/240094-accuracy.html)

pirhana92 08-16-2013 11:14 PM

Accuracy

So I've seen and heard many different ways to get the best accuracy in paintball. I prefer a good paint to bore match with fresh, clean paint. What's your best way of getting good accuracy?

Wycke 08-16-2013 11:19 PM

Consistent velocity, decent paint and actually taking the time to aim.

WALZ 08-16-2013 11:24 PM

I will tell my secret:
Make up some plywood upper torso and head targets.
Set them up (I use 5) at different distances and spread.
Number them 1 to 5.
Have a partner call out the number target and you get one shot to hit it.
Partner will vary numbers and only give you a second or two to shoot and then he will name another.
After three weeks of this type shooting you will be able to hit all the targets first shot everytime...
Practice. practice..
You will amazed at how well you shoot after using this method.

Cunha 08-17-2013 12:21 AM

Pretty much if you practice like Walz said and your gun is shooting fairly consistent velocity, you are doing everything you can.

heinous 08-17-2013 12:28 AM

move closer

leathalh 08-17-2013 12:34 AM

Stick with the same gun. Muscle memory means a lot to accuracy. I switched from my primary to play with a new toy and couldn't hit anything. Not very MCB I know.

Hawkeye20 08-17-2013 12:55 AM

Consistent paint, consistent velocity, good paint to bore match (tight enough to where it won't roll but not so tight that you can't blow it out with your breath), and, arguably, a closed bolt gun. Lots of practice and generally getting closer helps too.

For practicing, in addition to what WALZ said, practice some of your shots in the wind and from different directions/speeds too.

Crimson Death 08-17-2013 01:13 AM

first strikes.

James_Blond 08-17-2013 01:30 AM

volume of fire.... just kidding. But yeah consistent air pressure, bore match or wedgits, nice fresh paint. Lots of practice and get closer. Muscle memory yes, but I like to shoot a variety of guns and I haven't practiced much outside of actual playing in a while. Once you know generally how a gun shoots and are comfortable aiming it then you can shoot pretty good with different guns.

Menace 08-17-2013 09:33 PM

Aside from FS, there is no accuracy in paintball, only consistency. And even that is maddeningly crude. You will never have laser beams, only laser cones, if you are lucky.

That means consistently round and sized paint, consistent air impulse, consistent barrel, consistent engine, all of it.

So much of what has already been said is good advice.

I would stress the following:
1. Run the absolute best paint you can get, always, period. This is far and away the most important factor, all other things considered. This does not always mean most expensive. I've played fields on several occasions where the more expensive paint was not nearly as good as the so-called second tier stuff. Your marker will never shoot better than the paint you put through it. Remember that.

If you aren't buying your own, call ahead and ask the field what they stock, then do some homework and make your decision.

In all cases, take the time to look at the paint if in doubt.

2. Either underbore or overbore. Matched bore, not so much. But decide for yourself. Some people like it. I never did, even before PW did their tests.

3. Learn your favorite marker/barrel combo.

4. Play with only that marker/barrel combo.

5. Then, play with other combos so you don't get stale.

6. Practice, practice, practice.