mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Budget Baller

Have you used this 2011 Dye Tactical Mod Top jersey?

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I'm wondering if any of you have used this "2011 Dye C11 Tactical Mod Top" jersey before.

2011 Dye C11 Tactical Mod Top - DyeCam

It's on sale right now for $28.95 and I'm wondering how durable it is and if it's worth it for the price. I'm in the market for something on a budget that's breathable with a vest and just good enough to crawl around on the ground with for woodsball/scenario.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

One of the guys on our team has one that he'll wear every now and again at practices and such... I would never have paid the original MSRP price but I'll go so far as to say it's nice enough to be a pretty good deal at $30, and sounds like it's right up your alley.

I will also say though, check out the Valken "Echo" jersey. It's more of a football mesh style so it's SUPER breathable and also extremely tough. I've been using one for a year now and have yet to manage to damage it in any way, even with all of my bushwacking and crawling around. I'm not sure what they're retailing for but I think I remember them being around $30 as well.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Budget Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
One of the guys on our team has one that he'll wear every now and again at practices and such... I would never have paid the original MSRP price but I'll go so far as to say it's nice enough to be a pretty good deal at $30, and sounds like it's right up your alley.

I will also say though, check out the Valken "Echo" jersey. It's more of a football mesh style so it's SUPER breathable and also extremely tough. I've been using one for a year now and have yet to manage to damage it in any way, even with all of my bushwacking and crawling around. I'm not sure what they're retailing for but I think I remember them being around $30 as well.
I totally agree about the MSRP! I'm only interested it now because of the price drop, haha.

Is this the Valken Echo jersey? If so I actually like the look of "Vcam" over "Dye Cam" so that's a plus. Valken V-Tac Echo Paintball Jersey - V-Cam

Are either of these machine washable? Or hand wash only?

I usually just throw on a long sleeve shirt to crawl around in but I end up destroying those after a couple times out. And if I try to wear a thicker shirt it's just way too hot, especially right now lol.

Thanks for the help... for this post and all of the other posts of mine that you reply to, haha.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
ER RN

CCM Fan
ohh, like that price on the echo, love my sierra gear. Might have to get that soon for next summer
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

That dye top does'nt breath too good, you will ROAST in that thing, but it is built very well and fits pretty snug so it would fit very nicely under a vest.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Budget Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
That dye top does'nt breath too good, you will ROAST in that thing, but it is built very well and fits pretty snug so it would fit very nicely under a vest.
I just tried on the "2.0" version and it did seem to fit nice for use with a vest. I couldn't tell about how breathable it was though since the store didn't have AC on and it felt like it was 95 inside lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts