mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?
 
Phoenix01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Emporia, KS

By that logic he should just have a 2" barrel. Wastes air...really? He must not have a firm grasp on how a marker works.
__________________
My Feedback
Phoenix01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
By that logic he should just have a 2" barrel. Wastes air...really? He must not have a firm grasp on how a marker works.
I know. I'm going with the freak kit though with 4 inserts, I think I saw somewhere on here where someone used a cigar case to hold the inserts. How much can I underbore my paint?
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?
 
Phoenix01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Emporia, KS

I think most guys go under between .002 and .003. Less than that, you can run the risk of underboring too much and breaking paint. Also a cigar case works great for holding the inserts.
__________________
My Feedback
Phoenix01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Cyco-Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Nice thing with a freak is if you get a different gun you can get another back and not have to invest in an entirely new barrel kit to use with that other gun.
you can do that with the ifit / python as well. while we're at at, may as well add the deadlywinds fiber-x barrel system to that list. i think that's all that i know of that are like that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Barrels are like girls... Some people are just happy to have one that looks good. Or even one that everyone else likes. Other people want a tight, accurate bore to run their balls through.

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 10-05-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow
 
Target's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DranDran View Post
That's what I was trying to tell him. In his words "anything over the 2 inch control just wastes air"
Porting wastes air but makes the gun quieter.

2" of control bore is not much to guide the ball and the fronts are so big that they don't help at all other than in aiming the gun.

The physics apply to the firearm world as well.
A snub nose revolver is much less accurate than one with a 6" barrel.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 315

I just dropped it. He's a good guy overall. But I decided on the freak kit like I said above. The apex 2 is what I want to get for my SP1 and I'm going to pick up a GOG extcy, so 1 back and 2 fronts
__________________
Member of Check Six Paintball Team
http://www.checksixpaintball.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
OLD MAN
 
David A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles area

CCM Fan
First and foremost, Target has it right; the iFit is more of a sizer than a control bore. It will prevent roll-outs, but will do little to increase efficiency.

Deadlywind makes great barrels and have two models that will take Freak Inserts; the Fibur and Fibur X. I prefer these to Freak barrels, as the are lighter, better looking, easy to clean and in the case of the Fibur, easier t take off of pump markers.

In the case of the Deadlywind Fibur X, you buy a basic barrel, that uses the Freak inserts, then it has replaceable backs that allow you to switch from one type of thread to another. The backs cost only $15, so much less expensive than multiple barrels...and you get to have the best paintball barrel for both your markers. Paintball Barrels - Fibur-X CF barrel

If you have questions about Deadlywind barrels, call them directly, the owner Colin answers the phone; he is a great guy and very helpful. 713-871-8668

Good Luck!
__________________
"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." Obi-Wan, while showing a pump to Luke.

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Pumped, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
First and foremost, Target has it right; the iFit is more of a sizer than a control bore. It will prevent roll-outs, but will do little to increase efficiency.

Deadlywind makes great barrels and have two models that will take Freak Inserts; the Fibur and Fibur X. I prefer these to Freak barrels, as the are lighter, better looking, easy to clean and in the case of the Fibur, easier t take off of pump markers.

In the case of the Deadlywind Fibur X, you buy a basic barrel, that uses the Freak inserts, then it has replaceable backs that allow you to switch from one type of thread to another. The backs cost only $15, so much less expensive than multiple barrels...and you get to have the best paintball barrel for both your markers. Paintball Barrels - Fibur-X CF barrel

If you have questions about Deadlywind barrels, call them directly, the owner Colin answers the phone; he is a great guy and very helpful. 713-871-8668

Good Luck!
I looked at those a couple of months ago, I didn't see an ION threaded back. You can put an apex 2 on those barrels right?
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
DamoNAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Silver Springs, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DranDran View Post
I looked at those a couple of months ago, I didn't see an ION threaded back. You can put an apex 2 on those barrels right?

Yes, nut you have to buy this - Paintball Barrels - Fusion Apex2 adapter

Apex2 tip adapter for Fibur, Null, and Whip Tip barrels.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
OLD MAN
 
David A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles area

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DranDran View Post
I looked at those a couple of months ago, I didn't see an ION threaded back. You can put an apex 2 on those barrels right?
Backs are positively available threaded for Smart Parts Ion. The Apex needs the Fusion Apex2 adapter.

If it is not too late, take a good look at these barrel. I have owned and tried a lot of barrels, I like these the best.
__________________
"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." Obi-Wan, while showing a pump to Luke.

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Pumped, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC