mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

By that logic he should just have a 2" barrel. Wastes air...really? He must not have a firm grasp on how a marker works.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
By that logic he should just have a 2" barrel. Wastes air...really? He must not have a firm grasp on how a marker works.
I know. I'm going with the freak kit though with 4 inserts, I think I saw somewhere on here where someone used a cigar case to hold the inserts. How much can I underbore my paint?
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

I think most guys go under between .002 and .003. Less than that, you can run the risk of underboring too much and breaking paint. Also a cigar case works great for holding the inserts.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Nice thing with a freak is if you get a different gun you can get another back and not have to invest in an entirely new barrel kit to use with that other gun.
you can do that with the ifit / python as well. while we're at at, may as well add the deadlywinds fiber-x barrel system to that list. i think that's all that i know of that are like that?

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 10-05-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DranDran View Post
That's what I was trying to tell him. In his words "anything over the 2 inch control just wastes air"
Porting wastes air but makes the gun quieter.

2" of control bore is not much to guide the ball and the fronts are so big that they don't help at all other than in aiming the gun.

The physics apply to the firearm world as well.
A snub nose revolver is much less accurate than one with a 6" barrel.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just dropped it. He's a good guy overall. But I decided on the freak kit like I said above. The apex 2 is what I want to get for my SP1 and I'm going to pick up a GOG extcy, so 1 back and 2 fronts
Old 10-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
First and foremost, Target has it right; the iFit is more of a sizer than a control bore. It will prevent roll-outs, but will do little to increase efficiency.

Deadlywind makes great barrels and have two models that will take Freak Inserts; the Fibur and Fibur X. I prefer these to Freak barrels, as the are lighter, better looking, easy to clean and in the case of the Fibur, easier t take off of pump markers.

In the case of the Deadlywind Fibur X, you buy a basic barrel, that uses the Freak inserts, then it has replaceable backs that allow you to switch from one type of thread to another. The backs cost only $15, so much less expensive than multiple barrels...and you get to have the best paintball barrel for both your markers. Paintball Barrels - Fibur-X CF barrel

If you have questions about Deadlywind barrels, call them directly, the owner Colin answers the phone; he is a great guy and very helpful. 713-871-8668

Good Luck!

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Pumped, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
First and foremost, Target has it right; the iFit is more of a sizer than a control bore. It will prevent roll-outs, but will do little to increase efficiency.

Deadlywind makes great barrels and have two models that will take Freak Inserts; the Fibur and Fibur X. I prefer these to Freak barrels, as the are lighter, better looking, easy to clean and in the case of the Fibur, easier t take off of pump markers.

In the case of the Deadlywind Fibur X, you buy a basic barrel, that uses the Freak inserts, then it has replaceable backs that allow you to switch from one type of thread to another. The backs cost only $15, so much less expensive than multiple barrels...and you get to have the best paintball barrel for both your markers. Paintball Barrels - Fibur-X CF barrel

If you have questions about Deadlywind barrels, call them directly, the owner Colin answers the phone; he is a great guy and very helpful. 713-871-8668

Good Luck!
I looked at those a couple of months ago, I didn't see an ION threaded back. You can put an apex 2 on those barrels right?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I looked at those a couple of months ago, I didn't see an ION threaded back. You can put an apex 2 on those barrels right?

Yes, nut you have to buy this - Paintball Barrels - Fusion Apex2 adapter

Apex2 tip adapter for Fibur, Null, and Whip Tip barrels.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Quote:
Backs are positively available threaded for Smart Parts Ion. The Apex needs the Fusion Apex2 adapter.

If it is not too late, take a good look at these barrel. I have owned and tried a lot of barrels, I like these the best.

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Pumped, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts