mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ion blowing air out bolt. Whats that mean?

I have an ion that was mostly just parts in a box of stuff I got. Picked up the few missing things to complete it. Least I think its complete. Does anything besides the bolt an plastic disk go inside? The bolt stay s forward blowing air out. I have moved the reg pressure up an down. Try 2 different breech's that was in the parts along with 3 different fire cans(2 are epiphany different liner sizes) An the board does fire faintly but the bolt just stays in place blowing out full air pressure. Any ideas?
shawnhaskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Probably the center oring on the bolt stop,could also be the outer bolt stop oring or breech oring located at the rear of the feedneck hole.Best to replace all orings on the bolt&inside breech all at once
If there's a QEV on the middle banjo it's bad or clogged
Start with an OP of 150ish for a stock bolt&no QEV combo adjust upwards no higher than 200
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Got complete o ring kit. Cleaned everything very well installed all new o rings. Now I have air leaking out of the lower board valve area. If I use my finger to slow down the leak marker does fire now. Pressure is down to about 110. Is that too low causing the coil valve area leak? Ran out of air. Haven't been able to try that yet too see.
shawnhaskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I'd get more air. While you wait, take the solenoid apart (video here), clean and inspect it. It's possible that dirt/debris/grease got into the solenoid.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had this problem recently. It had to do with the hose from the solenoid to the front chamber. The hose was too long causing a kink or something that slowed the airflow enough that the gun would either fire when aired up or would stay forward and cent air. Adjusting the hose fixed it.

Tl;dr the problem could be related to the air supply to the front chamber of the bolt.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts