mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mag info needed!

Ok guys, so we picked up this package deal locally on Craigslist and we need some help trying to figure out what we have and what prices we should be looking at, should we decide to part ways with any of it.
First up

I know that 1 and 2 are Armson barrels.
1 is a 10 inch rifled with some wear.

2 is another 10 inch rifled Armson, brand new in its sleeve. This barrel has never seen a gun and is even still in its black barrel sleeve with original wrapper intact(not that the wrapper adds any value, it's just kind of cool).

3 is a crown point around 11 inches with some wear.

4 is a mystery All American barrel. We think it might be for a Montneel but we are very unsure. It looks kind of like a twistlock but it only has one small intention in the barrel for what looks like a detent screw to hold it in place and an open slot for what I would assume is where the detent goes through. This barrel is also brand new and has never seen a gun. We need help with a positive ID on this one. It has a green ported tip.

5 is another rifled Armson barrel. Pretty good shape overall

6 is an ACI zero gravity, very similar to a thunder pig barrel. Great shape overall

7 is another unknown barrel. Great shape overall.

Our biggest question is, what are these worth? Also, positive IDs on 4 and 7 would help too.

Next up are the two Mags we picked up in the deal.

First up is a classic automag, matching valves and no stars. Good lasering in valve. Has a Bob Long Benchmark expansion chamber and the rest is stock. Gun is in great shape.

Next is this lovely little Minimag. It has a chrome body and fittings with a chrome non gas though foregrip with an included barrel plug, and chrome frame. The next part has us stumped. We believe it is a Fred Schultz kit of some sort, with a purple and black acid washed rail (milled for a pump kit Pre-ano), feed plug, Asa, and the barrel sleeve which has "Fred Schultz" layered into it. We don't really know anything about the Fred stuff and google didnt seem to help very much either on these parts.The barrel looks like it might be chromed as well and it might be an All American or J&J? Not really sure

Help us get some more info on the Minimag if you can. Anything will help as this is unknown to us. A general price range would be helpful as well on this one too. Thanks guys!

Last edited by Andrum85; 12-22-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Im bedding pics
Andrum85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Big Boss

Brass N Wood Fan
Didn't Fred Shultz create the Peanuts comic strip?
Gascolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
AO.org info on Fred Shultz Fred Shultz

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

#7 is made by Taso

my feedback
shaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
This might bring more attention to the thread. Help us get some more info on this beauty!

Took my embedded pic out since we figured out how to do that above.

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil

Last edited by GanonsGrin; 12-22-2013 at 11:28 AM.
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

TL barrels are a crap shoot. I have a bunch of them for sale in the $15-20 range and they rarely move. Armson ones may be a little more desirable, but I wouldn't count on it.

Bone stock Classic Mags are going for <$100 right now. There's actually 8 or so on Ebay right now listed at $75 shipped that haven't moved.

The MiniMag is harder to value. MiniMags with stock CF frames are maybe selling in the $100-130 range depending on options. If the anodized parts were in perfect shape, and the frame was not peeling, I would say on the higher end of that, maybe more. For someone valuing Fred Shultz memorabilia or wanting to preserve a piece of PB history, who knows.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
We are good with barrel info now, but we are still looking for info on the Fred Schultz chrome Minimag. Anyone have any more info? The info we looked up on The AO link mostly just talked about how he basically is now an Unsolved Mysteries episode. Any information at all is helpful. Thanks!

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts