mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
ima pistol player

vl revvy

I still see a lot of people using revys on egos, macdevs, pumps and everything why are people still using them on a tournament marker? also im starting tournament speedball im using my karnivor will it be cool to rock a revy on it?
Big_MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_MB View Post
I still see a lot of people using revys on egos, macdevs, pumps and everything why are people still using them on a tournament marker? also im starting tournament speedball im using my karnivor will it be cool to rock a revy on it?

Is there a BPS cap in this tourney?
Folks who are using Revys on guns with an insane ROF are usually running capped.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

They're reliable and bulletproof, unlike newer loaders.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

there is more to it than what maggot said.

1) revys are lighter than most forcefeed/agitated loaders.(i may be wrong, but its lighter than my Halo and i think my Spire)

2) revys are true 200 round laoders, that ALSO don't need additional shells for more capacity.

3) when running capped semi, whether 12.2 or 10.2, to a point, you don't need something that can feed 20+bps.

4) original revy shells are nearly bulletproof, unlike the polycarbonate shells of a Halo and similar. the Rotors shells, from what i've heard and like the old revy shells. i bought my 12 volt revy new in 98. its on its original shells. i've replaced my halo shells about 4 times, and that's with a 3 year break in the middle.

5) even if you aren't running capped semi, some people want to use their high RoF gun, but don't want to dump huge amount of paint. so without changing the settings, you just feed it slower, thus limiting the amount of paint you are shooting.

6) its an old school feeling of having a revy on the gun. it got you to look at it.

7) revys are also pretty quiet, unlike the Rotor or other loaders, IMO. about on par with a Spire.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Don't do it because it is "cool;" do whatever you want to do.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I have 4 or 5 old school revvys (one 9v heh) and I use the on everything from a Sniper to an X valved Automag and keep them as backups for guns like a Mini. All of them have never failed since day 1. A couple are 20 ish years old.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I run my revy on everything. I only have to pack one hopper to use on multiple guns. The revy works everytime I pull it out of the gearbag, no settings to mess with, just turn it on and go. And I can get through a month or more of play on two 9v's.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Why do people use roters on their pumps? Personally I dont get it, but they want too. :P
I still have my old revvy after my great dane chewed on it. Yeah there are teeth marks in it, but if she couldnt destroy it... nothing will.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Why do people use roters on their pumps? Personally I dont get it, but they want too. :P
I still have my old revvy after my great dane chewed on it. Yeah there are teeth marks in it, but if she couldnt destroy it... nothing will.
Rotor guarantees a ball is in the chamber and allows you to fire faster (with or without an auto trigger) and in effect you're less likely to short stroke and chop a ball.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

i will overfeed a gun. it ensures that no matter how fast you shoot, you will always have a ball in the breech.

but it can also be that people might not have other loaders(rotors on pumps). it really doesn't matter, as whatever works for you, works for you.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts