mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Replacing solenoid o-rings

So, I'm working on a Shocker NXT that has an exhaust port leak. Reading the tech articles on ZDSPB, I've replaced pretty much everything with exception of the solenoid spool o-rings (Parker Solenoid). Problem is, the things are so small that I can't get under them with a dental pic or anything. I'm currently trying to cut them off, but I'm not having much luck there either. Are there any tricks that I should know? I've been working on this gun for a few days and I need to get it done.

Edit: Well, I got one off... Except it'sa flat seal, not an oring... Problem is that a cut a big chunk out of it.............. Anyone know where I can get replacements?

Last edited by magmoormaster; 12-31-2013 at 03:41 PM.
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

1) use your fingers and squeeze the oring off, or at least get it to push out so you can get a pick in there.

2) finding square orings are hard, compounded by the size, which is tiny and off standard. the only choice you have would be a donor non-working noid that you can pull parts off of. other than that, the only option you have is to buy new, or a working used noid.

parker and humphrey do not really sell parts or seals. i got that much out of Have Blue, when i asked about new manifold seals. they want to sell skiffs of noids, not the 10-20 Have Blue would buy every other year or so.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

You can use needle nose pliers and grab it from the, um, hmm. Grab them as if you were taking the circle and making an oval. Pinch and then pull in the direction of the pliers, and then so the ring comes off. And whatever you do, don't lose those tiny magnetic pins that are in the middle of the body. You likely don't have to expose them, but if you do, be careful.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts