mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

T2 fans.....I have questions.

So, just recently (especially considering the insane price of paint here in the UAE) I've been considering switching over to pump. Of course the T2 has caught my eye, but I'm really confused about one thing....

Has the price on these babies recently dropped?
Seems I can get a brand new 2 color for about 655usd?

Am I missing something?

Seems as if most of the used ones for sale here on MCB are running on average 650-750usd.

Are the T2's so incredibly awesome that they actually go up in price after they're used?

Seems to buck the 60-70% for used gear norm?

Am I missing something?

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
That is the price....Seems like it too little for what you get. I agree, a great value!

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Sniper, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x4), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed Sniper,WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

So has CCM dropped the price recently, and people haven't figured it out yet? What's with the markup on used gear? Is it super custom?

Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought the used ones were 500-600 or more if lots of barrel sizers or extras were included. I think the T2 market is closely watched, and people don't want to wait for a new marker. So, the used ones command very high prices.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
No they raise the price slightly a couple of years ago.The price that you mentioned is the price.

I know you see used CCMs for more, but they may have aluminum grip panels, CCM Air Fitting and multiple barrel backs (sizers),add those options up and you could add another 100-200 dollars to the price....And, CCM markers really hold their value, so some sellers start with a "new marker" price, as some get it. Especially since there is a few week to a few month wait for a new one from CCM.

So no price decrease, just a great value.

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Sniper, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x4), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed Sniper,WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Okay, so it's really more about impatience than anything. No upgrades really add to the value of a used gun. Unless it's a limited edition, which pretty much every T2 is? The base price I mentioned includes all the bells and whistles. The only thing that people are adding 100+ dollars for is a bunch of sizers? Is that it? Really? I guess what I don't get is how a T2 used can run more than about $500. That's why I was wondering if the new gun price has recently dropped?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Basically the ccm market has been shook up a little with the whole J12 incident and ccm not really building many guns in the last year or so. They are starting to put out guns now so the market is correcting. Basically you should be able to get a new t2 for around $655, but like others said that is basically a base model. A used one you should be able to get around $500. Any extras from the factory add to the value and a fully tricked out used one will usually run around $600-650. You can get S6s for around $400-$450 and the S6.5 around $550-650. They are one of the few guns out there that doesn't really cost a lot to own on the sense that they don't depreciate like most of the space dildoes.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
Basically the ccm market has been shook up a little with the whole J12 incident and ccm not really building many guns in the last year or so. They are starting to put out guns now so the market is correcting. Basically you should be able to get a new t2 for around $655, but like others said that is basically a base model. A used one you should be able to get around $500. Any extras from the factory add to the value and a fully tricked out used one will usually run around $600-650. You can get S6s for around $400-$450 and the S6.5 around $550-650. They are one of the few guns out there that doesn't really cost a lot to own on the sense that they don't depreciate like most of the space dildoes.
yeah the space guns tend to be a bit more sophisticated in operation and smoother too. Yet they still drop in price. I'm still trying to figure out what "tricked out" means as most of the ones I've seen on the chop block for 650-700 used are the same as what I could get new in the colors I want. The biggest upgrade I've seen on a T2 was the "slot blocker"? Or the silly hush bolt from techt. Barrel backs just don't seem to justify the price. Dunno, this might be the first gun I buy brand new....

Old 03-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
In my opinion a tricked out t2 would be one with matching aluminum grip panels, matching fittings, a top tube with sizes or full barrel kit, a matching cram-n-jam, quad rod kit with ez-grip, and a matching slot blocker. All of that is from the factory other than the slot blocker.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

yeah other than the quad rod, the colored fittings, and the slot blocker, that's what's being sold for the price I mentioned new.....doesn't seem to make it worth it......I mean you get a lot of cosmetic upgrades right out of the box in a "base model" there's nothing that should be driving up the price on what still is a used gun.

guess pumpers have their own class of agg. Just seems like the over pricing of Sandanas and Proflexes on peanutbutternation......and none of that makes sense to me......

As far as barrel sizers go, that really shouldn't drive the price up that much on used gear. Even Empire has barrel sizers with their Sniper......

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts