mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm probably going to switch to contacts myself after your recommendations!
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Contacts are the way to go. I got some just before Super Game and man did it make a difference looking into the woods. They do need some provocation to actually come out. I kind of have trouble getting them to come out when I am ready to take them out.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
I wear glasses when I ref and sometimes playing

Profilers are super comfy with them or my flexes

And I have had fogging problems but with a single fan kit from ez creations solved that as well as removing some material for better airflow. I actually suggest a fan kit as sometimes the antifog doesn't work
Old 05-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
I would use contacts, but I can't get past the idea of poking my eye with my finger. It just seems......wrong.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
formally wildfire59602

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I cant ear contacts, and I've been wearing profilers for years. The best that I have found for glasses wearers.
Strazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Paint magnet

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yes on Profilers, I have an older Shield mask, same - same.

One thing a person mentioned to me recently from another mask wearing sport (Fencing) was to put a nose pad or two on the glasses to lift them up a little thus providing a little bit better air flow so they don't fog as easily.

I can't do contacts, after swallowing one and another ended up stuck on the mirror I had to assume they were not going to work out.

Gallery
Atomicvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Radical!

I've worn glasses nearly my entire life (parents didn't know i needed them until the 1st grade). When i started playing paintball, glasses quickly became a burden - they don't fit well under most goggles & they fog easily without lens treatments. I switched to contacts exclusively for paintball. It was a very difficult transition, but damn worth it.

Upside - free to wear any paintball mask. Improved vision over glasses because a lens directly on the eye provides better results than a lens that hovers in front of your eye, plus you gain full peripheral vision as well. Contacts do not just pop out unless you rub your eye extensively (which you shouldn't do, regardless).

Downside - better hope to Crom you've got vision insurance. At least you won't need a lot; i've been using the same batch of contacts for over 2 yrs. Only wearing them one day a month at most, they last a super long time.

My personal downside/curse: i have purchased SOOO many sunglasses. Every summer, when i'm out & about more, i'll wear my contacts with more frequency. And every summer since getting contacts, i buy 1-3 new pairs of sunglasses.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICBYTES View Post
Okay... I just got a glasses, holy **** what a difference. I can see things farther so much more clearer and actually can see where paintballs are going instead seeing where they splats then adjust haha.

I just picked up Virtue Vio before I found out that I needed glasses. Luckily me, the glasses fit in the virtue vio little tight and comfortably. My question is what do you make that experience better?

-Get the strap for the glasses to make it to stay there?
-Wear sandana or clip to hold the glasses tight against my head?
-etc...

Any tricks, tips, ideas, and hints will be really helpful
\

Get contacts! I know this isn't the best option for everyone, but even without insurance, you can get into contacts for about $100-150 for a years worth of contacts if you do it right. I have been wearing bi-focals since I was 12 and two years ago decided that wearing glasses was making my active life miserable (glass don't fit well under anything, hockey helmet, paintball mask, etc) and I am not about to stop being active.

If glasses are a must, the eVent/eFlex option is the best IMO. I have a large head and these masks have the most space for glass wearers, plus all the other inherit positives that come with these masks.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
OK, I wear glasses and my stupid head is wide. This sucks for wearing them with goggles but I do it. The best mask I have found so far is the EFlex; I hate it but it works. The key is to make the lens sits far enough from your face but is still comfortable. The problem that most plagued me was my glasses stems scratching the inside of the lens.Thank god my work just decided to add vision insurance this year so now I can afford contacts year round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Dang, that is wide! Even as wide as my head is, my frames never hit the lens, thank goodness!

And thank goodness for Walmart. I got my contact exam, and 6 months of contacts (which I stretch to last 12 months) for $138. I consider my contacts paintball gear worth paying for!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts