mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Granted it only really happened with Pro Axis but yea. Thing I hate most currently is removing my mask and glasses come off with it. Annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Northern Transplant

Idk my eye surgery never fogs up on me
Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yup, I wear glasses under my mask, both my prescription clear, and sun glasses under the mask. , e vents. Tried contacts once, and once only. Won't happen again.
I don't often have any real lense treatment, but I found a quick clean and dishwashing liquid seems to work for me to keep the fog at bay.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

I cant wear contacts i have an astigmatism and they shift around and hurt too much. Currently i have the original vents so i think ill ok. Havent gotten out to play since getting glasses
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I wear glasses with my profilers they work well. Only thing I've done is treated my glasses with fogdoc as my glasses will fog up from sweat and my lens on the profilers will still be clear

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
*-strictly pump only-*

Alot of people siding with contacts, I just cannot jusify paying for them. I just got glasses and will find way to work. As for right now I am trying to find someone to trade my brand spanking new virtue vio for Empire Eflexes.
EPICBYTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Hand of Fate

Myself and the wife both wear glasses with our i4's. I am not a little guy by any means either. It really just depends on what is comfortable. A fan is a must as far as I'm concerned. We run Flexr's. I have noticed contact on the inside of my lends but it doesn't push on my glasses and the mark is not in my field of vision. BTW, I have used a number of different styles of glasses and masks over the years and never have had any issues. My current specs are Ray-Ban's with plastic frames. The wife has wire frame glasses currently. My suggestion is to take your mask with you to your eye doctor and try different frames on.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICBYTES View Post
Alot of people siding with contacts, I just cannot jusify paying for them. I just got glasses and will find way to work. As for right now I am trying to find someone to trade my brand spanking new virtue vio for Empire Eflexes.
I hear ya, but between soccer, hockey, and paintball, contacts are a very valuable piece of equipment. I wear glasses any time I am not doing activity, but between finding a mask that fits and hoping my glasses don't fog, the pro's outweigh the con's in regard to contacts in my opinion.

A year's worth of contacts and a contact appointment work out to about $12 a month, less than a bag of paint at some fields. That's how I justify it

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCD Member

I have moderate astigmatism and I wear contacts. They're even daily disposable ones. Seems like most brands make toric lenses, but I think they can only correct so much. I personally really can't stand wearing glass while playing any kind of sports.

I would totally recommend getting contacts if it's at all feasible. It's hard to put in the first time and no one likes sticking their finger in their eyes, but it makes such a world of difference.

And if the contacts aren't comfortable, either get the optometrist to give you a different fit or try a different brand/model contact. Different ones are made of different materials, so some will feel more comfortable to you than others. The only time mine get displaced is if I rub my eyes in a weird way or possibly if I open my eyes while swimming. No amount of diving, jumping, running, etc will make them shift or pop out. (Although they'll rotate if I lay on my side long enough, that's a thing with toric lenses... lol )
Old 05-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had acuview oasis they are supposed to be the best. I. Wore them for almost a year and never got used to them. My eyes would be bloodshot within a half hour. I dont mind the glasses so much. Id rather afford a nicer pair
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts