Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
*-strictly pump only-*

Wearing glasses when playing

Okay... I just got a glasses, holy **** what a difference. I can see things farther so much more clearer and actually can see where paintballs are going instead seeing where they splats then adjust haha.

I just picked up Virtue Vio before I found out that I needed glasses. Luckily me, the glasses fit in the virtue vio little tight and comfortably. My question is what do you make that experience better?

-Get the strap for the glasses to make it to stay there?
-Wear sandana or clip to hold the glasses tight against my head?

Any tricks, tips, ideas, and hints will be really helpful
EPICBYTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Best masks for glasses, IMO, are the Profiler and the Event/Eflex line. I put FogDoc on my glasses so they stay clear on a long day. If you have a set of glasses with smaller frames, they usually work best in masks. I can usually adjust glasses placement easily by grabbing the back of the "ear frames" behind my ears and jiggling them around. I've never found the need to pin them.

Yeah, once you first get glasses and play with them, it's like playing in HD
MCB Feedback
Please ship to me using US Postal Service when shipping to Canada.
Don't ship to Canada? No worries--I can work it out with you: US Parcel Pickup

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

/Agreed especially about the FogDoc

If your glasses are "constantly" slipping down your nose with you sitting at rest they need to be adjusted and or the pads cleaned - they should be sitting comfortably tight and not need anything "extra" to hold them in place in most instances with a mask on up to and including diving and sliding.

I have wire frames and use Sly Profit with the way the foam sits the wire frames actually fit snugly in the gaps of the front foam and the thicker ears help to keep them from slipping.

Clean the bridge pads of your glasses between games also helps with the sweat and oil buildup to keep them from drooping.

I usually get a second pair of glasses for "athletics" which are usually a sturdier "cheaper" thicker frame and in the last few years include LC-HD Enhanced view progressive anti- reflective lenses(increased clarity, at night, at distance and better peripherals).

Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
A few years ago I had a set of Rx lenses put into some 'Biker' frames at the Optical shop I worked at. Had them yellow tinted as well, and they've served me very well. It's not terribly expensive if you get a set of single vision lenses cut (no bifocal), and put into a sport frame. I've been running the glasses with a set of JT uppers as well as a Proto Axis, and haven't had any problems with them. Need to get a new Rx cut for them though since I've had them for a few years.
Originally Posted by DoC19K View Post
This is a no pants kind of party so you should be good.
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB's Resident Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Last year I tried contacts because so I could go snorkeling and actually see. What a difference! I 've lately had trouble getting a good fit because of astigmatism, but when they worked, oh baby, clear vision and no glasses fogging up, it was heaven. I prefer glasses for daily wear, but sometimes contacts are nice for paintball, or to enjoy a stylish pair of sunglasses. Especially if astigmatism isn't a problem for you, it's not too terribly expensive to get a month's supply of contacts for special occasions.
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Clearly, Axel doesn't know what he's talking about.
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
Clearly, Axel doesn't know what he's talking about.
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
*-strictly pump only-*

I play really rough, I dont want contacts misplaced or gets stuck. Geez I tired vio on again with sadana, my face hurts little bit. Just got to keep trying or find someone to trade for eflexes
EPICBYTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
There is a guy at the field who still had his Gas mask glasses and they fit in his i4s like a charm, Maybe find some of those.
Sunkistsniper on XBL and Minecraft. Sunkist_Sniper on PS4.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't worn glasses since I started playing in '94. It's been contacts ever since, playing or not.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Maybe you need the Opti-Grab

But seriously, I would play some before worrying about changing anything. Just the foam from the goggles keeps them in place fine for the most part.
2hits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

contact is the way to go, they will not just pop out. i used them for baketball and only way they will shift if i get poked in the eye. buy the daily ones if you only going to use them for once in a while. i wear my glasses daily since i'm blind without them, anything really active that cause me to sweat a lot i use contact.
hmcl281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts