mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Who sells the newer version sportshots? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/257418-who-sells-newer-version-sportshots.html)

MaD 06-01-2014 12:13 AM

Who sells the newer version sportshots?

I need another sportshot or two but can't figure out who still sells the ones that don't need to be modified. I only see the multi caliber versions ??

Mozak 06-01-2014 12:16 AM

Yep those are the new ones, and the multi caliber is just a little insert in the feedneck you take out then it uses .68 cal, but get the extreme rage ones fast as they are now discontinued

MaD 06-01-2014 12:21 AM

I'm confused. The ones with the multi cal insert were the old ones which had to be dremeled. Simon (empire) remade them with a shorter feedneck and no insert ridge. Are the ones iisports sells the old ones or newer ones?

Mozak 06-01-2014 12:58 AM

The ones iisports sell is the new style ones, and they are also multi caliber but you just take out the .50 caliber insert inside the feedneck

sonixr7 06-01-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozak (Post 2967248)
Yep those are the new ones, and the multi caliber is just a little insert in the feedneck you take out then it uses .68 cal, but get the extreme rage ones fast as they are now discontinued

When were they discontinued?

Found them for sale at PaintballGateway.com.

Extreme Rage Multicaliber Hopper

ANSGear.com does not have them for sale. I hope these hoppers are still being produced.

Mozak 06-01-2014 09:41 PM

Nope they are discontinued per Extreme Rage, and website will still have them up until there last ones sell.

The Inflicted 06-05-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaD (Post 2967249)
I'm confused. The ones with the multi cal insert were the old ones which had to be dremeled. Simon (empire) remade them with a shorter feedneck and no insert ridge. Are the ones iisports sells the old ones or newer ones?

The new ones sold by Empire as a "multi-caliber hopper" are indeed the ones Simon redesigned.
They come with an insert, like the old ones, but the difference is that the hopper itself has no ridge to keep the insert in place.
You still have to use a screwdriver to disassemble the new ones to remove the insert, but once you do, you don't have to file the ridge down, as you did with the old ones. It's ready to use as soon as the insert funnel is taken out.

Very nice hopper, btw.

MaD 06-05-2014 01:06 PM

Gotcha, thanks. I did order a couple from IIS so we'll see which ones I end up with.

MaD 06-05-2014 06:43 PM

dangit.... IISports did NOT send the new style ones. These are the ones with the long feedneck and giant ridge on the inside for the collar.

Has anyone ordered a new style one (Empire) recently and can confirm what store actually sells them?

reepneep 06-06-2014 01:42 AM

If it helps, the ones that don't need mods were sold under the 'Extreme Rage' brand. I dug up my invoice. Mine came from ANSgear, though they don't have it listed anymore. Might be worth a call.
*edit*
Looks like Hustle has them. They've always been very accommodating when I've called them up.