mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mid block Karnivor, cycle issues

So I bought a factory midblock karnivor w/ eclipse pneumatics off Ebay about 10 months ago. It shoots just fine, a good portion of the time. But after the first 500 rounds when I got it it cycles just fine, but the hammer is not released, so it does not fire each time. But it does fire every other or every 3 cycles.
Ever since then I can get a few hundred rounds, the same cycle issue happens. Hard to replicate when I bring it to a tech shop. I have tried raising and lowering the lug, new batteries etc. All i can think of now is the clapper noid or board is bad. Any thoughts?
I also have a video of it, its on Instagram, or I can email it to anyone who wants to see it. I dont know how to post it on here.

Thanks!
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Honestly, that really sounds like the batteries.
I bought some stupid cheap 9 volts off an Amazon reseller that were all good for about a half a day in any gun I used them in. Turns out the price was so low because they were all already expired. If you're swapping batteries for new ones from the same pack you might have a similar issue that I saw with my super cheap 9 volts.
See if some fresh Duracell Procells fix the issue.
If it doesn't.... How far in is the IVG? Having it in too far will increase the tension which can cause cocking issues. Same with an lpr that is set too low. Although both of these potential issues would surface well within the first 500 or so shots.
smapdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brand new duracells. 10 year shelf life remaining. Lpr is set correctly, and i dont see how that would be an issue? The hammer is held back and not being releases by the sear/noid. Not the other way around where its not being pushed far enough back. Can up the pressure just to make sure. Ivg is flush with the back of the body, so just about right? if not its a turn or two in.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCD Member

Have you taken a look at the battery connector on the board? Corrosion or coming loose? I had an orracle with an e1 board and it did funny things because the connector was starting to break off.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

i dont know much about cockers
but my guess would either be a bad noid or theres an issue between your sear and your trigger
smurfinator22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Have you messed with the clapper adjustment screw underneath the clapper? Turning it in or out changes the travel and thus how hard the clapper will pop when energized. Sounds like its not energizing properly if all other routes have been followed.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Check to make sure the hammer lug is a squared off one and not a round head one.
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

If the board is set to factory fast, then it's a lug depth/shape issue, vibration from use may have made the lug slip down (use blue loctite to correct this). If the settings have been adjusted, SON should be re-set to 4 or the board re-set to factory fast (for a fast and easy reference).
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z Rally View Post
Have you messed with the clapper adjustment screw underneath the clapper? Turning it in or out changes the travel and thus how hard the clapper will pop when energized. Sounds like its not energizing properly if all other routes have been followed.
No, I have not. I will do that. which way should I turn it to make it pop harder?
Its a squared off lug, and its definitly not moving down on its own. Even with a allen key, its darn near impossible to turn.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
If the board is set to factory fast, then it's a lug depth/shape issue, vibration from use may have made the lug slip down (use blue loctite to correct this). If the settings have been adjusted, SON should be re-set to 4 or the board re-set to factory fast (for a fast and easy reference).
Factory fast didnt work right last time i had it set for it. It would fart pretty loud when cycling. Like how pumps sometimes do. Thoughts?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts