mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
That guy

05 ego/etek 2 question

Ok so i have what is believed to be a 05 ego. At the moment i am having an issue the solenoid having a leak. I took it apart and found an o ring on the solenoid spool shaft pretty torn up so i replaced it. I put back together and the leak is still there. After further examination i came to the conclusion the the grip screws were tightened down to much which crushed the solenoid pretty bad and causing it to leak from the back of the solenoid. Looking into this issue i found that this is a very common thing for the etek 2 triggers. My question is can you use etek 2 triggers on 05 ego's? I know they are very similar in a lot of ways but i just want to make sure i really have an ego in my possession or do i have an imposter who was upgraded to look like an ego, shoot like an ego, but not quite an ego at heart. Any information is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Or the son of Velcor, here to redeem us all from the evils of poor sportsmanship and taking the game too seriously. Velcor no doubt suffered that his Son should come forth to walk among men, and show that playing by his example was the one true path to return to those Elysian Fields to play with Velcor and his exalted children for eternity. Where paint is always round and matched to bore, 12 grams are always consistently filled, and o-rings never wear out and cause leaks.

Thanks for the enlightenment brethren.
KHart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What color is the noid? This was a common problem on the 5-6 ego's. The noid in those is black, I believe the etek noid has a white spool housing.
No Have MSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
That guy

It is white and etek for sure.
Or the son of Velcor, here to redeem us all from the evils of poor sportsmanship and taking the game too seriously. Velcor no doubt suffered that his Son should come forth to walk among men, and show that playing by his example was the one true path to return to those Elysian Fields to play with Velcor and his exalted children for eternity. Where paint is always round and matched to bore, 12 grams are always consistently filled, and o-rings never wear out and cause leaks.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Etek Solenoid

at price.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
That guy

Haha yup that's exactly my reaction when i first saw the price too. When i first heard the leak and took it apart, i saw the markings and feared it was the issue. In denial i tried the o ring and knew once it didnt fix it, i was SOL. Just makes me curious to whether this is just a etek noid on an ego or an ego wanna be.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I would still get ahold of PE if they do wind up charging you for a replacement part it is usually at cost in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Pic of body? The etek body is a lot differnt then the ego's. Much less milling.

They would have had to swap the manifold too to get an etek noid on an ego.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
That guy

Here it is. I believe it is a 05 "star" frame.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah thats an 05 body for sure. They must have pieced it together. Likely they damaged the noid previously and part swapped it. I would check ebay for parts too, it is hit or miss but if you went with an 05-06 noid you would need to make sure you have the correct manifold for it too.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
That guy

Im thinking it would be easier to just go with a new etek solenoid. It works, shoots great, and ramps perfect. Just the small leak that you can hardly hear unless you put your ear to the trigger. Is there any downside to just replacing the exising part with a new one you can think of?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts