mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cross threaded burst disk?

Got a neat 2.5oz CO2 tank for cheap, off ebay, but when inspecting it found that the burst disk appears to be a bit cross threaded.

pictures

So wondering whether i should just leave it alone, attempt to remove the burst disk, re-thread, put it back in, or take it to tank service place and see if they can do it?
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't think I'd risk it. I think it'd be safer to swap the valve out for a good one.
oldschool45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Just trash the co2 bonnet and get a new bonnet. Don't want to **** around burst disks on co2 bottles considering they output around 800psi. Your pro shop can take care of it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Problem its a non standard piece, the bonnet is on the other side of the tank. I guess i ought to contact the manufacturer, see if i can get that piece.

edit: Looking at the size of it, it might be a simple a 1/8 npt female to 1/4 npt male adapter that holds that burst disk. Hopefully the manufacturer will confirm that. That would be very easy to replace...

edit2: measured that piece and an female to male adapter, the piece on the tank is 0.625" at the flat sides, the adapter i measured is 0.630". The bottleneck at the end is 0.640". the 1/4 NPT threads are 0.535" at the widest point... hmmmm... probably a vain hope, but seems feasible...

Last edited by Flint; 06-14-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

So the manufacturer CS doesnt want to divulge the info on that part, but they offer a replacement tank for a reasonable cost... Now just need to call in and find out the shipping cost... Then try to get this one serviced, or take it apart.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

www.parker.com
These guys have just about anything hydraulic or air. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't one near you, and they couldn't get what you're after.
Replace the part that's been cross-threaded if you can, you REALLY don't want to take a chance with that.

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

So finally got to get it off. and get the dimensions. That piece is Female 1/8 NPT to Male 1/2-20 UNF. Anyone even heard of that sized adapter? Cause google aint finding anything of the sort...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts