mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Wouldn't it be easier to find some straight tubing. You could cut it to length and glue a cap of some sort on the end that would normally be solid.
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

You could fit 2 tubes together by cutting the rounded end off of one and butting it together. You'd need to sleeve it on the outside and I think you could do that with another section of 10 rd tube maybe 2" and split it down the side. Add superglue or whatever. whatever you decide, im curious to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
It was a simple question....I thought.
zacgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

20 rounders were tried many years ago. These were unlike our current 10-sticks, they were white, with a clear end. They were too soft, and tended to bend and kink, as well as break paint. They were also uncomfortable to wear in a harness, and cumbersome to use.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I would like about ten 15 round tubes. My grey ghost seems to hold about 15 rounds, and I could shoot it to empty with a complete refill. I don't see why the end couldn't be boxed, and I want to go look around the Home Depot plumbing section for some solution. Maybe the lip of a metal tube could be softened with some electrical tape.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB's Resident Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Only speculation, but 15 round feeds are probably designed for ten round tubes, much like 140 round pods became standard when loaders typically held 200. You have a window of five rounds where you can dump a full tube, but if the action is hot you have the option to keep shooting for a bit before running empty. If the feed and the tube/pod have the same capacity, then there is only one logical moment to reload.

Again, just speculation. If you want larger tubes I'm sure you can find or make them with enough cash.
2. Do not put any airsmith before the WALZ
3. Do not covet thy neighbors brass
4. Give a lot of cool **** to cool people for free
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Only speculation, but 15 round feeds are probably designed for ten round tubes, much like 140 round pods became standard when loaders typically held 200.
Good point.
I may just not have the hang of it yet. I don't like having to guess when to reload. If I shot eight rounds, a reload leaves a partial tube. If I shoot fifteen rounds, the re-load seems inadequate. I just started using the WTF Gauntlet. Maybe I could carry a few of both. Because they are so visible, it would be easy to choose which tube to pull.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

not much difference between 10 rounders and gas station cigar tubes. You could probably contact garcia vega or someone and see if they could make a cigar that would fit the desired 15 rnd tube specs and let them absorb the majority of the cost.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB's Resident Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Haha, good luck getting a custom run of cigars for cheap. But it's not a bad idea to figure out what size cigar equates to the tube you want.
2. Do not put any airsmith before the WALZ
3. Do not covet thy neighbors brass
4. Give a lot of cool **** to cool people for free
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Only speculation, but 15 round feeds are probably designed for ten round tubes, much like 140 round pods became standard when loaders typically held 200. You have a window of five rounds where you can dump a full tube, but if the action is hot you have the option to keep shooting for a bit before running empty. If the feed and the tube/pod have the same capacity, then there is only one logical moment to reload.

Again, just speculation. If you want larger tubes I'm sure you can find or make them with enough cash.
Agreed. When I find myself in similar situations I usually just shove the tube in and let it hang there for a few shots. Doesn't happen too often, but if I see some heat is bout to come my way, my twelve round capacity can move up to about twenty or so temporarily.
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Haha, good luck getting a custom run of cigars for cheap. But it's not a bad idea to figure out what size cigar equates to the tube you want.
You'd want a 44 or 45 gauge (ring size) cigar: a ring size of 64 is one inch. That shouldn't be a problem.

However the longest non-custom cigar that I know of is the gran-corona at 9.2 inches. 15 paintballs would be an inch longer at 10.2 (with zero wiggle room).

Conveniently the gran-corona has a ring size of 47, very close to our ideal 44-45.

You could enjoy a few gran-coronas and have some 13 round tubes, or play with it slightly (by adding extra length via a custom top for example) and get a true 15.

FWIW I've used Churchill style cigars tubes for 10 rounders. The screw caps are slower than a pop top but not by much. The designs are usually pretty cool to.

*EDIT: If you don't smoke then you might have some luck contacting a cigar company and asking for a sample tube or two. They might send some.

When I go golfing I bring two pair of paints in case I get a hole in one.

Allegheny College Paintball - Founder and Alumni
ΔTΔ Fraternity Alumni - TCFP
OTTO13 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts