mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
The Impulse is a fantastic shooter....mine is smoother than all of the Cyborgs I've owned. It's very efficient (12 pods off 68/4500). The thing it's got over all other poppet markers I've handled, including the Vice, G6R, and LV1 is ergonomics. It points very nicely, has an awesome frame, and balances out great with a hopper and tank. They need nothing but a barrel that fits the paint you use. Considering you can pick up a lightly used one for $400 I just can't recommend anything else.
It seems to not need upgrades at first... Besides the barrel. i will probably pick up a deadly wind barrel .
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
But what upgrades are available for the Drones? I really dont know..
Quad mod
Trigger
Gold bolt
Actually they haven't even made a upgraded bolt for it. That I'm aware of anyway. So yeah, a trigger and oring tuning if you want. Ive been wanting to pick up another one and play around with the drivetrain a lil bit and see what happens. I think I would still pick the Drone first over the Axe. Only because of it's simplicity. The Axe honestly is a slightly better performing marker though. Ergonomics, that's all over hyped to me. When I'm playing, I never think to myself "This grip is so comfy, think I'll just stay here awhile". I've read all the great reviews of the Impulse. Just not a fan of stacked tubes. If it's everything people say it is, then it is quite deserving of being in the conversation also.
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I would say ergonomics isn't about how comfortable the gun is grip wise, though not have your wrist crooked awkwardly is nice. But ergonomics is more about how well you can just point and shoot the gun. It just fits your body well so shooting becomes much more second nature. It kinda gives you a jump on the hours of practice building muscle memory.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
I would say ergonomics isn't about how comfortable the gun is grip wise, though not have your wrist crooked awkwardly is nice. But ergonomics is more about how well you can just point and shoot the gun. It just fits your body well so shooting becomes much more second nature. It kinda gives you a jump on the hours of practice building muscle memory.
This is how I view it. Yeah, I don't think about it while playing but when using a marker that doesn't really 'fit', the performance difference can be seen. Can you 1 ball a guy with something that doesn't feel or point right to you? That's why I love the Impulse. It fits me like a glove and just about everyone that has any experience with them says practically the same thing. I find my play to be very efficient (less paint to hit a target) when using it. The only reason I sold my Insight (another great marker) is because the Impulse edged it out on ergonomics and how it fit me. There was no reason to own two high ends that will just take playing time away from the other.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin79 View Post
Actually they haven't even made a upgraded bolt for it. That I'm aware of anyway. So yeah, a trigger and oring tuning if you want. Ive been wanting to pick up another one and play around with the drivetrain a lil bit and see what happens. I think I would still pick the Drone first over the Axe. Only because of it's simplicity. The Axe honestly is a slightly better performing marker though. Ergonomics, that's all over hyped to me. When I'm playing, I never think to myself "This grip is so comfy, think I'll just stay here awhile". I've read all the great reviews of the Impulse. Just not a fan of stacked tubes. If it's everything people say it is, then it is quite deserving of being in the conversation also.
Clone gold bolt

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (920) 100% positive
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Clone is not Drone.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
camocow200

My bad! I guess the guys at Macdev said they can make one(gold bolt) , but wont improve performance..

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (920) 100% positive
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
First Mate

Quote:
I just never liked the Vice, loud as heck, nothing smooth about it. It is on the lite side though and and Axe used is about the same price..250.00- 300.00
They are loud, but really excel in a lot of categories. You could put the low pressure poppet in it to change the popping sound a bit, but it doesn't make a massive difference.

In the end (as others have said) a used high end will almost always be better than a newer midrange marker.

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts