mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Should I go aka or pps?

Ok here's my situation I just sold all my current markers and have around 400-550 cash. I am pricing aka vikings and found a decent looking jmj thinking about picking it up. I also glanced at cunha's blazer and that is quite intriguing also.

I play mild speedball and woods ball about the same amount of time so I'm not worried about getting a all out speedball gun, but I am not going on the milsim seen either

I am checking at vikings and excals. The vikings are usually cheaper? why is this? I also like the idea of having a removable feedneck and cocker threaded barrels, all electronic guns depreciate in value over time though and parts are quite expensive when something happens, but they have the speed to make up for it.

I'm also looking at new centerfeed blazers, how tight does the nubbins hold a hopper on? how tight is the barrel on the gun? I never picked up a blazer in my life and I am quite worried about the pin design on the barrels. Are they very quick, I'm not worried about keeping up with ramping guns at all because it is not allowed at the fields I go to, but I also don't want to be closed in with a e-gripped a-5.

Is a centerfeed, bladed 45 typhoon a good decision also?

I'm sorry I jumbled up all the pro's and con's, but I was just looking for some mature advice on helping me get a new marker.

I have dealt with the new mass produced guns and I swear I will never buy another in my life, between poor craftsmanship, horrible resale value, and a overall unsatisfied feeling when I buy them I will never do it again. Oh and did I mention poor customer service (smartparts cough cough)

I don't pimp I B/S/T and treat my guns like misled children I acquire them, give them some new clothes, and send them on to another loving home.
wildchild62565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

For some reason I'm thinking a pneumag would fit your bill quite nicely... however, PPS markers are hand crafted, and you get what you pay for... quallity and customer service. If you notice, Craig answers nearly every question on these forums himself... and if you ever have to call, you get the tech that's working on your gun on the phone personally...

As for quality, I've never held an exacl or viking, so I have no basis of comparison... I just like the Palmer's guys because we've played a few times, and will again on Sunday the 25th... WooHoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
But what it all comes down to is if your having fun. If your not having fun playing against people using full auto with a pump, then switch to a semi; fun is the only thing that really matters in paintball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
rub their little faces right in their own piss while yelling NO NO NO as loud as you can while smacking them on the back of the head.
spawnsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Yeah, are pneumags x valved only? That is another scenario I forgot, I have my own scuba and I am set up for the compressed air, but I need to get my bottles hydro's in January so that comes in effect with the aka marker.

anyway back with the AGD, I bought a brand new RT ule custom back when I was 15 like a tard I didn't know anything about it and practically gave it away. The pressure on those guns can make or brake them and you have to have an amazing hopper which I didn't have at the time. Are pneumags considered a reactive trigger? All the ones I have seen look extremely homemade and not very abuse friendly. I am not saying that I am hard on my equipment, but I don't want a pin or screw come loose during play and mess up my game.

What is the BPS on a X valved lvl'10 pneumag these days anyway?

I don't pimp I B/S/T and treat my guns like misled children I acquire them, give them some new clothes, and send them on to another loving home.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

You can pneumag a classic valve if you like, but the RT and X are best as the recharge rates are improved.... the pneumag conversion can be well done (there's one coming out, thread around here somewhere) No, not a reactive trigger, just pneumatically assisted, so most rules like that aren't applicable. If you see the videos, it makes the trigger so feather light that I've see them discharge from blowing on them... no $h!t.. massively walkable, but considered fully semi (one ball per trigger pull, and no other modes)... acts like an electro, but no batteries anywhere... (I really want to convert mine, but the conversion alone is around $200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
But what it all comes down to is if your having fun. If your not having fun playing against people using full auto with a pump, then switch to a semi; fun is the only thing that really matters in paintball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
rub their little faces right in their own piss while yelling NO NO NO as loud as you can while smacking them on the back of the head.
spawnsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

I would go for the viking

Excals have 2 noids and are more complicated to build up than the viking

IMHO the machining in AKA products is spacecraft part quality.

The market for AKA markers is really cheap for what you get.

My Viking with the Tadao board drains a halo in under 10 seconds

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay...=149&x=19&y=11
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a 2K Cf Blazer and an 04 Viking. I love them both and will not part with either. For less money pick up a Viking, save up and get some sweet Palmer's goodness later.
Wollffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Is the excal just outdated? (kinda like what the impy did to the shoebox) Does dual noids somehow magically give the gun a higher bps or smoother stroke. Were there more vikings produced than excals? I was looking at a decked out half milled excalibur with robtown valve, but the chap I was going to purchase it off of couldn't wait to get a moderator for the 3rd party shipping.. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be lol.

Does anybody know how many jmj vikings were produced?

Can I have any annodizing shop anno a blazer, I didn't know what kind of aluminum it was made of and if it really mattered? I never see blazer's tatoo'd and anno'd in the gallerys of all the top annodizing places ever so I jw?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
CHEERS!

I have 5 Blazers... different configs...

I have 3 Vikings... all 03's.

No Excals... yet... but don't feel the need with what I have.

I'd go Viking... they are ONLY getting rarer. They are VERY efficient. Very fast... good for your speed ball and rec ball alike. High quality, precisely made.

You can ALWAYS get a Blazer(or 5) also. They are my favorite guns after all.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild62565 View Post
Is the excal just outdated? (kinda like what the impy did to the shoebox) Does dual noids somehow magically give the gun a higher bps or smoother stroke.
The dual noids allow the Excal to operate closed-bolt... that's all. The Viking is open-bolt. That's the major difference between them.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
The dual noids allow the Excal to operate closed-bolt... that's all. The Viking is open-bolt. That's the major difference between them.

I don't know why, but that never crossed my mind thank you for the great info.

I thoroughly enjoyed the older shockers but they were slow and smartparts. But with no kick and the weight of the back of the gun, I thought were great guns.

is the bps on the excal and viking about the same?

When you guys are talking about the viking being the cheaper gun it is at the 500$ mark and I still want it anno'd in my dream scheme mwahaha

and the blazer with a reg will be about the same price.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts