Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

F4 Illustrator

I just scored a mint 1997 ACI F4 for someone to get for Xmas.....anyone know anything about it...good, bad...ect....paid $30 F4 Illastrator.jpg
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Take good care of it or buy another one for parts because they are a booger bear to get replacement parts for IIRC.

But for $30 for a minty 10 year old marker, how can you go wrong?
A skeleton walks into a bar and orders a beer and a mop......

Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

what are barrel threads?....
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tippmann A-5/Pro-lite/ProCarbine barrel threads. If you need/want an upgraded barrel, I have a used lapco bigshot 12" that I'm selling.

Yours has what is referred to (I probably mistaken) as a Euro grip frame.

I have an F4... it is not my favorite marker but it is kind of a classic. Has a very loud, sharp sound when fired. It its favor, it is very light and relatively easy to clean. If you need to get spare parts, I believe Bulldog Paintball was selling parts kits earlier this year and may still have them in stock.
Everybody: Let's ease up on the red loctite, 'kay? Thanks.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

a couple accessories on ebay:venturi bolt for f-4. I bought one for .99 plus 28.00 shipping off ebay a couple weeks ago.
evil cocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I bought one originally back in........2000 or 2001, and i just bought another NIB about 4 months ago from bulldogpaintball, he still had some in his warehouse haha. My old one is a TP which will NOT shoot over 280fps, I've had it rebuilt, and the one I just got is a XP. They are super light, easy to field strip, I have stripped mine, upper and lower bodies in the field a couple of times. It is kind of slow shooting because it is a manual gun, and the trigger pull is hard, but other than that not a bad little gun.
91sonomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Balling since '87

I have 3 F-4's each one has been a solid reliable marker. Only issue I've encountered is when some debris makes it's way on to the cup seal, gotta love CO2

Anyway, they do have a distinctive sound when fired, there is a definite metallic ping, with each shot.

P.S. I've had all of mine since 94 or 95 they have seen plenty of use as loaners and as a primary gun for about 2 years I like them quite a bit.
My current collection: Apex,Vector,Classic Intimidator (x2), Clamshell Intimidator, Angel LCD, F-4, F-2, Eagle .68,Shoebox Shocker, SFT Shocker (x2), Tactical Ion, Xonik Vengeance, e-Blade Orracle, Mech Vengeance, Nova, SuperNova (x3), .68 Special, Pro/Am, Tiberius T9, E-Mag, Pro-Lite, A5, NME LE, NME (x2), Impulse

mobiusmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts