mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Works Autococker damaged in shipping. Thoughts?

So this happened during shipping. Seller only had $50 in insurance but offered to pay for all repairs. Ram threads are bent and the front block mount is tweaked and bent as well. Since this is a one off Anno how hard would this be to fix? Anyone know someone who could fix it?

MCB FeedBack +59/-0

PBN Feedback +28/-0

Ebay Feedback +72/-0
PARADIGM 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Oh I think I'm going to be sick

Please, someone, save her

Feedback

Quote:
Halogen, the lights will flicker
Incandescent burning lies
And the silence stands for nothing
Desperate, I search the skies
Aching for a spark
Trembling in pitchest dark
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Extremely common damage with shipping cockers. I've got a pile of those beavertails all bent from shopping.

Front block probably repairable with just careful re bending. Ram may work okay after being straightened out.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

On the anno, you'd have to talk with the people who originally did it. Usually if they did it once, they can do it again- the only question being cost.

On the front block, yes, I think the threaded boss can be straightened with a little care. Pad everything, and use something precise like a small press, rather than just a pair of pliers and a bend vise.

On the ram, the easiest route would be to find an identical model in good condition, and swap the annoed ram tube over from the bent one.

It might be possible to straighten the threaded portion of the ram nose, but that tends to be thin, and it may already be cracked. Ram shafts can also be straightened, but it's been my experience that they're never quite 100% again afterward.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Alternately, if Doc's (really good) idea to take off the Ram sleeve doesn't work....replace with a dust ram matching the LPR and move on.

I would be much more concerned about the front block damage.

I have found (was introduced to) a wonderful method for shipping cockers to avoid damage. Take a large box that will hold the main body/frame sans barrel flat inside with inches to spare on all edges. Get another large piece of cardboard and cut/fold edges so that it will fit inside the other box firmly, and with a space underneath. Center the cocker and use zip ties to attach it to the cardboard insert. Put all parts underneath in the "folds". Create a bubble wrap "sleeve" to cover the top a bit from crushing damage, and I usually pad the parts underneath as well.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Punkncat, I think this is the packing method you are referring to: https://youtu.be/oykrhxr-Oyw

I've used it many times with a 100% success rate so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
afish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Yeah that's what PPS does.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
As far as the Anno I have no idea who did it. I guess I could attempt to bend the front block mount back. I'm not sure I can take the ram itself apart. With the rod bent and all it seems seized up, but I've not taken one apart either. Any one know what type of ram it is? Old CCM? Also, this back block doesn't want to let go of the cocking rod. I noticed there is like a cap on the back. Any trick to removing this or is it just really on there?

MCB FeedBack +59/-0

PBN Feedback +28/-0

Ebay Feedback +72/-0

Last edited by PARADIGM 117; 04-21-2017 at 10:36 AM.
PARADIGM 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not sure on back block never seen a pump rod like that maybe it is some kind of repair. I would use it as is and not investigate further looks like a good job if it is a repair and a cool piece if it is not a repair.

The ram is a CCM ram and may be compatible with the back portion of a different later model CCM ram, ask CCM they should know. I would also try to bend it to repair but be careful not to crush it.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
If it was me, I'd check with Tim Firpo at Paintballtek you can find him on FB. That guy has infinite knowledge.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts