mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #191 (permalink)

Mr. Idiot Box. Please don't take this wrong way. But if you were 4.5 hours from my field, don't make the drive. I'm not saying you wouldn't be welcome. But if I knew how far you came, I'd be worried we couldn't make it worth your while. If a player comes to have fun that's great if they drive an hour or two we can meet that burden of entertainment value. But 4.5 hours. That's a 9 hour round trip to get here and get back. As a field owner I don't want to fall short in giving my customers their moneys worth. I'd be afraid we couldn't do it for you. We do the best we can, but there isn't much in this world I'd drive 4.5 hours for.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #192 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

I had a thought today that might boost business some. What about a paintball league? If bowling alleys can do it why not paintball fields? Something like 3 or 5 man teams of speed ball or woods ball capture the flag. Some sort of scoring system. Have all the teams play each other in five or ten minute rounds and high score wins for the night. Track all the scores for the season and crown an overall winner at a banquet or something. This would work good at an indoor field in the winter time. Just a thought I had that may need some tweaks, etc.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #193 (permalink)

You know I thought it was a good idea as well. Years ago we built a league that grew to 10 teams and had 4 fields taking part in it. It was pretty good. But it fell apart after about 4 seasons.

I tried again last year but no one wants anything to do with team paintball.

I'd have bet money it would have worked, but it didn't get any interest at all.

So I broke down and hired a kid to make you tube videos for me. He's going to crank out a dozen or so. We've been shooting video and taking photos for a couple of weeks now. So soon we'll flood the internet with tons of images and hours of video. I don't know if it will help but I guess it can't hurt.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #194 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Make sure to post links to the video. I will get my web guy to post links or whatever to the various pages he administers for BMC.

Granted, more views by people out of your market will not necessarily lead to more sales, but it might get you a few more paying customers.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #195 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

I drove by today while out working. I did not see any signs that indicated a paintball field was nearby. you website says I was in the right place. Not sure if the signs are gone or I just missed them.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #196 (permalink)

, I'd say if you were in the right place you missed it. The State info signs are up on State Route 15 and after you make the turn onto Sebec Shores Road we are a mile up on the right. You should see a 4 by 8 foot sign with gold letters 15 feet from the road that says Flying Dutchman Paintball. Behind that is a 5000 square foot building, bright silver 100 feet long Just 70 feet from the road with an open flag hanging from it.

Now as my website says Google and even the field finder on the forums will get you lost. GPS doesn't work well up here. At best it takes you about a 1/2 mile beyond us. At worst it takes you to the wrong town about 20 miles away.

Not sure what you did, but we're here and were doing well. Now I will say we set the fields back from the road. We were built before netting was available so we used distance and tree screens to keep the parking lot out of the range of the guns.

We built a speedball field in the parking lot once so folks could see it from the road as they drove by. It was well netted and took about 1/3 of our parking. But it wasn't long before folks said they thought that was all we had to offer. So we took it down. We cover over 60 acres with 20 fields. Not just a speck of grass with 20 bunkers where you might be able to turn a tractor trailer around, maybe.

Sorry we missed you, if anyone is out and about feel free to stop in and visit if nothing else.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #197 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

Where are you in relation to Johnson Road?
Quote:

Feedback
Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #198 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
If the marker on Google Maps is in the right place, they are a hundred yards south of Johnson Rd.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #199 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

Ok using Google earth and street view I see why I missed the place. I was headed south on Sebec Shores Road. and your sign is not oriented to be read easily from that direction.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 09-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #200 (permalink)

Hey folks, Sat the Sept. 30th it looks like we will have a good turn out 50-75 players anyone wants to jump in your more then welcome.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts